Why become a member? ×

Red onion switch solutions.

6stringbassist

If you've seen my other threads then you now I'm after an A/B switching device to switch between BG and EUB.

I want it to be true bypass, quiet and uncloured.

[url="http://www.redonionsolutions.co.uk/Gallery.htm"]http://www.redonionsolutions.co.uk/Gallery.htm[/url]

These seem to do everything I want, and the price is great but they look a bit like a school science project. Anyone have any experience of their products ?.

Are they good and reliable and everything else that I've stipulated ?.

I just bought a box for my Digitech Jamman.... and although the build is fine.... there was no indication of what switch does what.... and the cable that I paid £3.00 for was crap..... same sorta cable you can buy from QD/Maplin for about £1.00

I thought that for the money paid it was average.

When i was thinking of ordering one, it was pointed out to me that the reason for their apparent 'cheapness' was becuase of the simplicity of design and cheap components.

I bought a True Bypass Looper from them (as it doesn't require anything too complicated to work) and i'm more than happy with the product. I would recommend their products if you don't require anything too fancy (like buffers or attenuators).

I use a Boss Ls2 to switch between NSEUB and my Custom P.

Dan

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='460519' date='Apr 12 2009, 12:54 PM']If you've seen my other threads then you now I'm after an A/B switching device to switch between BG and EUB.

I want it to be true bypass, quiet and uncloured.

[url="http://www.redonionsolutions.co.uk/Gallery.htm"]http://www.redonionsolutions.co.uk/Gallery.htm[/url]

These seem to do everything I want, and the price is great but they look a bit like a school science project. Anyone have any experience of their products ?.

Are they good and reliable and everything else that I've stipulated ?.[/quote]

Know what you mean Kevin- i was going to buy one of these, but was able to get get a second hand radial bigshot i/o and the build quality is fantastic, the old saying applies "you buy cheap, you buy twice" i think the radial is what your looking for, as i said i ran a similar thread about two months ago and the red onion was one of the suggestions -lee

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='460763' date='Apr 12 2009, 08:33 PM']Lee, I know what you mean and that's what I'm trying to avoid doing. I notice Mark at Bassdirect sells Radial gear, so I'm hoping to pop over this week sometime.

How does the HD350 sound with the Accugrooves ?.[/quote]

Yeah Mark is doing them for about £75 i think, i was very close close to buying a new one, so got lucky this time!!, im being a bit premature with the signature as i wont get the HD350 Till wednesday, i used to run a td650 through them and they complimented each other very nicely, as the EBS is quite a lively sounding head, and the accugrooves have a very smooth treble response (no sizzle with these babies, but a very musical high end which is actually great for slapping, with the right head!!!) ive tried an hd350 before and found the basic sound to be quite similar although the 650 had a warmer low end due the valve preamp.
Im hoping to get a bit nearer to my original sound, really didnt get on with the eden wt550 ive been using, so very excited to get another EBS if all goes well!!.
Good luck on the A/B hunt, shame your not local or i,d be more than happy to let you borrow the radial, ill take some pics and post them if you like, the website ones are a bit 1 dimensional - lee