Why become a member? ×

NBD! Status Graphite Energy 5-string..

VTypeV4

Status Five 422

It's been a long time since I've owned a Status (the last was sold in 2006 to buy a motorbike) and is one of a couple of regrets about basses I've sold over the last 25 years. This one cropped up in the local shop and I simply had to have it - I never thought I'd get the opportunity to get my hands on another as they don't seem to come up all that often let alone at an affordable price. Whilst this one is different than my previous example (the last one was a six-string for starters), it exhibits that exact same 'instant playability' and feel - something I've found unique to Status basses and even my beloved Warwick needed tweaks and a setup to get it exactly where I wanted it.

Status Five 422

It sounds absolutely killer through the Trace Elliot 'mini mighty' rig! Super tight, punchy with that 'immediacy' that's quite tricky to put into words. Suffice to say, I'm very pleased with it and it's great to have a Status back in the collection - I feel it fits in great with the Warwick, Jazzes and Yamaha. ❤️

• Like 12

On 07/04/2022 at 00:17, VTypeV4 said:

Status Five 422

It's been a long time since I've owned a Status (the last was sold in 2006 to buy a motorbike) and is one of a couple of regrets about basses I've sold over the last 25 years. This one cropped up in the local shop and I simply had to have it - I never thought I'd get the opportunity to get my hands on another as they don't seem to come up all that often let alone at an affordable price. Whilst this one is different than my previous example (the last one was a six-string for starters), it exhibits that exact same 'instant playability' and feel - something I've found unique to Status basses and even my beloved Warwick needed tweaks and a setup to get it exactly where I wanted it.

Status Five 422

It sounds absolutely killer through the Trace Elliot 'mini mighty' rig! Super tight, punchy with that 'immediacy' that's quite tricky to put into words. Suffice to say, I'm very pleased with it and it's great to have a Status back in the collection - I feel it fits in great with the Warwick, Jazzes and Yamaha. ❤️

I just pulled my back out looking at that Trace rig.

nice bass. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Very nice!

Thank you - it's a keeper! 😃

8 hours ago, garyt said:

I just pulled my back out looking at that Trace rig.

nice bass. 

The Trace rig isn't light by any stretch of the imagination but it is dinky as it's a mega compact 15, four-by-eight and the head is the smaller sized 300w rather than the usual 4x10 / 1x15 setup. I love it - especially given I don't have to move it very often! 🤣

• Like 1