Why become a member? ×

FS: Fender USA Precision *Further Price Drop* MIA Red 2004/5, with hard case - *SOLD*
£850
Merseyside / Lancs

dmc79

** Further price drop now £800** For reluctant sale at £800 as I have loved owning this:

Fender MIA / USA Precision Bass, from Corona, California, 2004/5, with hard case. Long scale 34 inch. I think the colour is Chrome Red but open to correction on this. Usual USA made refinements: rolled fretboard edges, string thru' bridge, graphite reinforcing rod thru neck. It has the S1 switch which gives you more tonal options (I know not everyone likes this button, the knob can easily be replaced by a standard pot if you wish, or simply don't push the button in!). Satin finish maple neck, which was cleaned with Dunlop 65 spray cleaner on recent string change. Strings are Rotosound RS66LDN nickel plated roundwound in 45-105 and the bass has barely been played since they went on.

I have owned this bass for 6-7 years, looked after it and kept it in the hardcase at all times when not being played. It has not been heavily gigged, and mostly played at home (smoke free). I love this bass but recently got a USA Black P, which I've wanted for ages as a black P copy was the first bass I owned. I don't need both, hence the sale. This bass deserves a great home and the buyer will not be disappointed.

As far as I know, the pickups, tuners, bridge, etc, are all standard. I have not had any of these changed myself. It comes with the excellent Fender shaped hard case to which there are no keys. Case in good used condition with some wear on the hinge clips. There is very little in terms of paperwork. I haven't owned it from new, so can only pass on what came with it - that is, a sheet from Fender explaining the use of the S1 switch, and a blank Fender registration card. There is no truss rod tool, allen keys or Fender manual / inspection tag. The bass is fitted with a WD music all black plate with black screws. I will also include a generic 3 ply Black / White / Black plate with no truss rod cutout.

The bass itself is in fantastic condition for the age. There is barely a mark on it in terms of knocks / dings, and no paint removed anywhere from the lovely nice smooth finish. I have run my hand all over it and only found one small knock, 4mm long, along the top of the body as you look down from playing position. It is not deep and is pictured next to a 5p coin so you can see how small it is. The only other blemishes are the usual minor belt scratches on the back of the body and some light scratches / swirl marks on the front, mostly between the topline and start of the plate as you stand over the bass (near where the neck meets the body). These are only noticeable up close, have never bothered me and are actually quite hard to photograph without just getting glare off the body. There is some light scratching on the plate and further down the body where the plate curves round at the knobs. Again, nothing major. The width at the nut is 41mm. I can get back with any weight enquiries as I don't have a reliable way of measuring this, but can easily go out and get some digital luggage scales if needed. It doesn't seem overly heavy to me, but I guess I'm used to it, and it is well balanced. The neck feels lovely and it is a delight to play.

Please note I am not interested in posting this anywhere, I've heard too may horror stories about couriers to risk it. The buyer must be able to collect from Southport. I work nearer St Helens so could arrange meetup around there. I may be able to split travel within reason and depending on my work shifts, if anyone around the North West is interested. Please reply in topic or PM with any questions or if more photos are needed. Thanks.

NO TRADE OFFERS PLEASE

THIS IS NOW SOLD, thanks to Basschat & buyer 

IMG_4310.JPG

IMG_4295.JPG

IMG_4296.JPG

IMG_4297.JPG

IMG_4298.JPG

IMG_4299.JPG

IMG_4300.JPG

IMG_4301.JPG

IMG_4302.JPG

IMG_4303.JPG

IMG_4304.JPG

IMG_4305.JPG

IMG_4306.JPG

IMG_4308.JPG

IMG_4309.JPG

IMG_4311.JPG

IMG_4312.JPG

IMG_4313.JPG

IMG_4314.JPG

Edited by dmc79
SOLD
  • Like 13

10 minutes ago, Wotcher said:

Hey dmc, great bass, have the Jazz bass  equivalent. Agree colour is chrome red (red over silver) listed as colour code 725 in Fender catalogue. GLWTS

Thanks for the confirmation. From memory I did check it years ago against the colour scheme chart of the time, but couldn’t remember for sure 

• Like 1

• dmc79 changed the title to FS: Fender USA Precision *Price Drop* MIA Red 2004/5, with hard case
On 18/03/2022 at 18:58, Eldon Tyrell said:

Man, red and black, my fav colour combination. Very tempting. Ok, I better immediately take the blue pill 😉 

GLWTS 👍

I took the blue pill. Did not work. I am here again. I'll better hide my credit card 😉

• Haha 1

• dmc79 changed the title to FS: Fender USA Precision *Further Price Drop* MIA Red 2004/5, with hard case
  • dmc79 changed the title to *SOLD* Fender USA Precision *Further Price Drop* MIA Red 2004/5, with hard case