Why become a member? ×

£1k for a custoimised Strat with a Warmoth neck?

prowla

I tend to price these types of things by their major components, and then halve it for used value:

Warmoth neck (assuming it's basic stock and not a custom build, £413.00 upwards).

Fender mex body: £200.00

Pickups: £110.00

Locking tuners: £78.00

= £800.00

/2 = about 400 quid theoretical resale value for this strat if anyone actually wants to buy it I reckon, but it's not a pretty one.

Just throw this in there to stir the pot though (because (a) I love Warmoth licenced necks and (b) I have a hangover), if you bolt a licenced Status neck onto a Stingray, as many do, is it a bitzer? 😉

4 hours ago, Max Normal said:

I tend to price these types of things by their major components, and then halve it for used value:

Warmoth neck (assuming it's basic stock and not a custom build, £413.00 upwards).

Fender mex body: £200.00

Pickups: £110.00

Locking tuners: £78.00

= £800.00

/2 = about 400 quid theoretical resale value for this strat if anyone actually wants to buy it I reckon, but it's not a pretty one.

Just throw this in there to stir the pot though (because (a) I love Warmoth licenced necks and (b) I have a hangover), if you bolt a licenced Status neck onto a Stingray, as many do, is it a bitzer? 😉

That's pretty much my thinking.

I hadn't realised Planet Waves parts were worth that much, but on the flipside it has a builtin tuner (but on the flipside of that it has a battery compartment cut into the body too).