Alembic Mark King Signature Deluxe 5 string with LED

Bass is from December 2015. Spec as follows:

34" - 24 fret - 19 mm string spacing.

Neck of Maple and Purple Heart

Ebony fingerboard with Abalone inlays

Mahogny body with laminated Maple & Purple Heart

Cocobole top and back

Weight: 5.7 kg - sounds alot but if you can carry an old Musicman

or Fender Roscoe Beck/ Warwick Thumb / Peavey T40 you`re fine.

Approx. 1kg of this is actually due to the 4 ea. 9v batteries for the Led`s and the

brass covers on the rear. Sure you can get a Luthier to make something lighter

if required, or get Alembic to make wooden covers (known option).

Volume, blend, 2x filters with Q switches.

Leds in the neck with switch

95% as new with only slight discoloration of parts of the brass bridge

Original case in as new condition

Latest list price: 18.000 USD, Add import Tax and VAT on top of that to get it into Europe/UK.

Instruments from this brand provides a truely unique life experience of "Before & After".
Before - you may wonder what the fuzz is about and whether they are really worth the money. After - all that's left to say is a capital YES!

The closest thing to a Steinway Grand Piano I have ever heard from a bass in terms of evenness in volume across the neck, clarity and complexity of the note in which the different wood, strings, hardware and plugging technique all blend into a note that rings with authority, and forever.And an Alembic is not only about a treble  hifi sound. It can sound equally powerful like the voice of God with a bad hangover. 

How this bass sounds: https://youtu.be/i0OCKOeYO3c

Selling as I play way too little to have something as this just resting in its case. I can take a 5 string bass in trade plus money.

Shipping will likely be expensive due to insurance. For those living in central Europe, I'm willing to meet somewhere in germany

for a personal handover which is included in the price (deposit required).

Pictures by previous owner used with permission.

Regards Thomas 

What's App: +45 61209520

mail: [email protected] 

MK5D_CocoBolo_Full.jpg

IMG_20200915_100914.jpg

IMG_20200915_101225.jpg

IMG_20200915_101237.jpg

IMG_20200915_101534.jpg

MK1.jpg

IMG_20200915_101011.jpg

IMG_20200915_101106.jpg

IMG-20190705-WA0032.jpg

Edited by Thomas P
update #3
  • Like 15

Thank you very much Black Coffee. Really kind of you! Because you have onced managed to fulfill a dream doesn't mean it should simply be stowed away. Change in my job situation has caused me to be away from home every week with very littly time to play and practice. Others should get the chance to enjoy it as much as I have in the past.

Absolutely outstanding and a very good price too (IMO).  The cocobolo facings are exquisitely figured and the instrument looks to be in excellent condition.  Any tarnishing of the brass is usually easily removed with Flitz (or any other brass cleaner).  As suggested in the original post, these basses are capable of a very wide range of tones and can be truly thunderous if required.  Good luck, though I doubt you'll need it!  

• Thomas P changed the title to Sold - pls. remove