Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot GP7 MK2

rmorris

Bit of a long shot - but does anyone have a schematic of a very early (1987 I think) Trace Elliot GP7 MK2 Amp Head.

The later GP7 SMX circuit is easy to find. But I've had mine apart earlier today trying to diagnose a longstanding cut out / fade out issue and the signal path is clearly significantly different.

Sounds great when plugged into a Marshall Jubilee 4x10 so would like to fix the issue.

Thanks.

You could do worse than try emailing Clive Button who was the sole designer, from Series 6 on,  TE bass amps/ combos and acoustic combos plus a host of other TE gear for the next 12 years from 1985

Bass - Series 6 range, SMX range, SMC range, 7 Band range, 12 Band range, GP7 Pre-Amp, GP12 Pre-Amp, AH150, AH200, AH300, AH350, AH500, AH1000-12, Valve Series, VA350, VA400, VR400, Twin, Quatra, Hexa, Commando range, Boxer range, PPA power amplifiers, Powered Sub 15, Bass effects pedal range, MP11 etc:

Acoustic - TA100R, TA50R, TA200R, TA Concert range, TA60, TA35, TA30, Acoustic Cube, TAB100 (Acoustic Bass), Acoustic PA 16 channel powered mixer system, Acoustic PA 12 channel powered mixer system, TAP1 acoustic pre-amp pedal, in fact everything that came out of Trace Elliot all the way through to 1997

I dont know whether he's still active, but i had an email chat with him some 8 or 9 years ago about my series 5   4x10  combo, but as he told me, he didnt design the series 5, but was helpful nonetheless

[email protected]

18 hours ago, fleabag said:

You could do worse than try emailing Clive Button who was the sole designer, from Series 6 on,  TE bass amps/ combos and acoustic combos plus a host of other TE gear for the next 12 years from 1985

Bass - Series 6 range, SMX range, SMC range, 7 Band range, 12 Band range, GP7 Pre-Amp, GP12 Pre-Amp, AH150, AH200, AH300, AH350, AH500, AH1000-12, Valve Series, VA350, VA400, VR400, Twin, Quatra, Hexa, Commando range, Boxer range, PPA power amplifiers, Powered Sub 15, Bass effects pedal range, MP11 etc:

Acoustic - TA100R, TA50R, TA200R, TA Concert range, TA60, TA35, TA30, Acoustic Cube, TAB100 (Acoustic Bass), Acoustic PA 16 channel powered mixer system, Acoustic PA 12 channel powered mixer system, TAP1 acoustic pre-amp pedal, in fact everything that came out of Trace Elliot all the way through to 1997

I dont know whether he's still active, but i had an email chat with him some 8 or 9 years ago about my series 5   4x10  combo, but as he told me, he didnt design the series 5, but was helpful nonetheless

[email protected]

Thanks. Yes - I'm aware of Clive and his TE history and more.

I emailed him just after I posted here.

And, fantastically, someone on here posted me a partial schematic scan shortly after I posted.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, verb said:

I emailed Clive a few years ago, he was very helpful, he even gave me the part number for the Series 6 EQ slider pots from memory. He also told me that he had binned all his TE drawings when he retired. 

thanks for the info'. And I won't hold breath on getting a schematic from Mr Button then !

Still - he has quite a legacy with Trace, Ashdown and more...

Maybe 'we' (not that I'm an admin here) should grant him some sort of honorary Basschat title ?

• Like 1