Why become a member? ×

New Neck

Jeff29361

23 hours ago, Jeff29361 said:

Yeah, local luthier looked at it, the truss rod is at its limit, you could drive under there

IMG_20220129_113126.jpg

That neck can be reset. With care its even a DIY job. Clearly your luthier isn't interested in the bother for the few pennies it'll earn him

22 hours ago, Bassassin said:

Have you taken off the nut & stuck a stack of washers under it? Should give a fair bit more adjustment. If the neck's got a natural forward bow without strings on - well - you'd be amazed at the capacity for persuasion the average neck has...

neckbend.thumb.jpg.88f12716f70a6819d76cae2cfe9f6637.jpg

Bend it (to your will), clamp it in place then abandon it for a week or two, no food or water.

Then it'll learn to behave itself.

If that's the bass I think it is then the neck is still perfectly fine 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

No it screams seller pinched the photos from Ali-Ex .

Those necks are sold by the wangguitar 1980 store , their eBay shop was "jinwan" . I have a few necks from them , also I've spotted quite a few  used them in TalkBass build diaries.

Decision to go with wangguitar was simple economics . Material for a neck ( maple/fretwire/TR/fretboard etc) cost between £30 to £40 then there is the time involved ; wangguitar were charging £55 per neck inc delivery . My time is worth a damn sight more than £25 🙂

Would you recommend?

9 minutes ago, Jeff29361 said:

Would you recommend?

I would though message the eBay seller and ask about the 2nd fret. Tell them to seat it properly and send you the photo once they have.

If they won't or make excuses then you'll know they don't actually have the neck themselves , just using Ali-Ex photos.

Here's the wangguitar link , it's the same neck.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000812144992.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.37.2448ead4lOUUOW

Mind , if you buy from eBay , using a credit card with PayPal , you'll get refunded if it doesn't pan out 👍