Why become a member? ×

Colour choice?

JPAC

[i]Spoombung Where's PINK on your list?[/i] - Is that your choice? Could go under other.

[i]Jean-Luc Pickguard Graduated fade? You're new at this aren't you?[/i] - Oh yes. I wanted a generic term for tri-fade burst, amber burst, antique burst, blue moon burst, charcoal burst, transparent blue sunburst etc, and that's just from one maker. Could have made it burst then?

[quote name='JPAC' post='459585' date='Apr 10 2009, 08:11 PM'][i]Jean-Luc Pickguard Graduated fade? You're new at this aren't you?[/i] - Oh yes. I wanted a generic term for tri-fade burst, amber burst, antique burst, blue moon burst, charcoal burst, transparent blue sunburst etc, and that's just from one maker. Could have made it burst then?[/quote]
Only joshing with ya!

Some colours look better on certain basses and no so good on others. I like a nice sunburst on alder if its a precision, but on a mustang bass I prefer a solid colour such as daphne blue or vintage white. If I was to get another Jazz I'd get a 70s big-blocks style one with a natural finish on Ash. Of course that would only be on one with a maple fingerboard - if it had a rosewood fingerboard it would have to be candy-apple red.