Why become a member? ×

So, five weeks in...

NancyJohnson

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

You must have had a spare 5 min to see if the top pops off the speaker pole by now?

Honestly, no.  What with the day job, long hours, the house rebuilding, the laying flat because my back went, no, not really.  It'll happen.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 8 months later...

Well here we are; eleven months of living with this bass.

I think I made reasonably decent progress for the first four months.  We had builders in in April, so all musical activities were put on hold, then I damaged my knee, had an operation to fix things and I'm still recovering from that - it's just uncomfortable to stand for long periods.  If there's an upside, I put in a lot of hours early on and I don't believe my recent lack of playing has been a negative.  My competency on regular bass translated across reasonably easy, I mean that element was more about playing vertically that horizontally.  I've not bothered with the stand thing, but I will at some point, even if I need to get to a garage and get someone to weld metal for me.

My NS NXT has developed an annoying buzz when you play an open G. I’ve currently got foam wedged under the strings as a mute to reduce the problem but it’s still there and is amplified. Have you or any other NS players experienced this, I’ve no idea how to cure it - new strings , change the action, loose truss rod?