Why become a member? ×

Necksie Swapsies

Doctor J

Question

Going on this thread which, I think you'll agree, is more than enough research, it appears there are many lost souls out there in a state of turmoil. P owners wishing for a J neck, J owners desperate for a P. Would the humane thing not be to create a Necksie Swapsie forum where these deviants can get together in a consentual safe-space and right what they see as a wrong? Like Swap Shop but without the beard guy?

image.png.2a77152c34b11b8f04fe1a84f9b12f97.png

image.png

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

On 22/12/2021 at 14:55, Kiwi said:

There's always the marketplace!  🙂

I thought explicitly soliciting for trades wasn't allowed in the marketplace? The items wanted section is fairly clear on the "no trades" aspect. I was thinking there was room for a forum exclusively for trades : "have one of these - want one of those" as people have alluded to in the linked thread. Say what you want, say what you have in return, no?

A while back I had Mustang bass with a maple-board neck.  I'd have preferred a rosewood one.  I was on a message (or two - from MB1 (RIP)) quoting the no trades thing and saying I needed to quote a price.  I didn't want to sell the neck, I just wanted to swap it.  It did seem a little odd that board rules said I could sell it (and be without a neck), but I couldn't swap it.

While I understand the rules (I'm paid up to allow me to advertise), it did seem a bit odd that there was a no-swapsies rule.  Couldn't the same rule apply?  If you're paid up, you can swap kit?

3 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

If you're paid up, you can swap kit?

https://www.basschat.co.uk/rules/

"5. You must state a price for your item. Even if your item is just for trade, you must include your trade valuation of your item as a guide for others seeking to trade. Anything without a price clearly stated will be subject to removal. Also do not invite 'offers'."