Why become a member? ×

Hohner B Bass

Rayman

26 minutes ago, Rayman said:

There's a couple of Jack's for sale at nearly a grand on the bay?? Is that the going rate?

If that's the going rate for a 4-string, then the £130 I paid for my fiver looks like a good investment.

I think £350 is closer to the mark, but they are excellent instruments IMHO.

Possible explanation: "Guitar was previously owned by Mick MacNeil who was the singwriter and keyboardist of Simple Minds.." the Aussie one claims to be NOS (new old stock i.e. never actually sold).

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I'd forgotten that these were the first basses to combine a conventional body with headless hardware. Seems amazing the likes of Steinberger didn't figure it out.

s-l1600.jpg

Not sure that's right - Status (originally Strata, until Fender got shirty) were around from '81 or 2. Jacks didn't appear until the mid/late 80s, as I remember.

Jack bass was introduced in '88, the B Bass came in '90. Mine turns out to be one of the first ones from 1990. 

Absolutely loving it. The sound is awesome, even passive. Very weighty though? I've heard quite a few people say they were light.... maybe the later ones were? Dunno. 

Anyway,  I've already decided to look for a 6er in the new year. 

• Like 1