Why become a member? ×

It certainly pays to shop around

ambient

I was after a new audio interface. I’ve been using an Apogee Duet for ages, but the breakout cables were annoying me. I settled on a Focusrite Scarlett. I couldn’t believe how prices varied. The manufacturer wanted £160, or £135 for a refurbished model. The price at other places varied from £130 to £150. I then tried Gear 4 music and got one for £99. Brand new, the latest version, and next day delivery was for £5.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nicko said:

I have recently been looking at either replacing my PC or upgrading to Win 10.  MS site offers this for £120 and other sites offer a download key for as little £9.  I wasn't sure whether they were all trustworthy TBH.

What's it running just now?

4 hours ago, Nicko said:

I have recently been looking at either replacing my PC or upgrading to Win 10.  MS site offers this for £120 and other sites offer a download key for as little £9.  I wasn't sure whether they were all trustworthy TBH.

I got a copy of Windows 10 from these people a while back and as far as I can tell it's legit - it registered OK and the company has been in business selling these licences for several years, with UK contact details on their website, so I assume if there was anything dodgy about them Microsoft would have got them shut down some time ago. Caveat emptor obviously...