Why become a member? ×

NAD

dmccombe7

Thought i'd buy a 2nd hand lightweight amp head as a back up for my Mesa Mpulse. So this in Andertons for £125. 

Plugged in and it sounds amazing at home. Its not dissimilar to the tone from my Mesa head. It has a nice warm feel to it altho not as much as the Mesa but at low levels its pretty impressive.

Basic controls with Gain, Bass, Lo-Mid, Hi-Mid, Treble and Master. I ran the EQ flat using my Jazz and then my Precision and they both sounded really nice thru my Mesa PH212. Hard to tell at reasonably low volumes but it had warmth, depth and a nice clarity with the P bass that i dont get with my Mesa head.

All in all i nice buy and i might even use this with the punk band until my Mesa TT800 arrives in 2022.

image.png.adae5377dfb426be3c63dcc800f99b2f.png

• Like 6

3 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Thought i'd buy a 2nd hand lightweight amp head as a back up for my Mesa Mpulse. So this in Andertons for £125. 

Plugged in and it sounds amazing at home. Its not dissimilar to the tone from my Mesa head. It has a nice warm feel to it altho not as much as the Mesa but at low levels its pretty impressive.

Basic controls with Gain, Bass, Lo-Mid, Hi-Mid, Treble and Master. I ran the EQ flat using my Jazz and then my Precision and they both sounded really nice thru my Mesa PH212. Hard to tell at reasonably low volumes but it had warmth, depth and a nice clarity with the P bass that i dont get with my Mesa head.

All in all i nice buy and i might even use this with the punk band until my Mesa TT800 arrives in 2022.

image.png.adae5377dfb426be3c63dcc800f99b2f.png

Keep it simple Dave. The Mesa stuff is tip top but over the top for pub gigs. I use the Bugera Veyron or my Fender Rumble 200 head. Along with my 2 Fender 1 x15 cabs. No issues,decent sound and the Fender Vintera sounds ace!. No pedals just the tuner out. I'm sure the wee amp will do the job!

Great little amps - especially at that price. I used mine for most if not all of our gigs from the end of 2017 until things dried up at the end of 2019, and I dare say I’ll still be using it when things get back up and running for us - whenever that is. I have bigger and ‘better’ amps, but I just couldn’t beat that one for sheer convenience. Usually just ran it into whatever cab the venue provided, and to say they were mostly cheap old 410s that had seen better days, there was always enough power output and a useable sound to be had.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, theplumber said:

Keep it simple Dave. The Mesa stuff is tip top but over the top for pub gigs. I use the Bugera Veyron or my Fender Rumble 200 head. Along with my 2 Fender 1 x15 cabs. No issues,decent sound and the Fender Vintera sounds ace!. No pedals just the tuner out. I'm sure the wee amp will do the job!

I've still got a Mesa TT800 twin channel amp head on order from Andertons due Spring 2022. Both channels are fairly simple but different voicings on each channel.

Altho i have the Mpulse i dont generally use the Para EQ so its just B, M, T that get used and a little bit of compression on occasion.

Dave

• Like 1