Why become a member? ×

Need a cheap(ish) decent tuner

markdavid

[quote name='markdavid' post='453358' date='Apr 3 2009, 01:57 PM']Hi there ,
Im just after some suggestions for an inexpensive decent tuner , ive got this crappy cheapo one at the moment that seems to have trouble hearing any note below an A and struggles with my low D string (i tune DGCF) any suggestions?[/quote]

Mmmm...you could try the Behringer, cheap.
Had one myself, before getting a Boss. TBH wish I hadn't sold it, as I found it tracked better than the TU-2, though obviously no way near as robust.

Edited by nick

I've got one of the Korg pedal tuners. Its really good and I actually prefer it to the Fender rack one I used to have.It seems to be a lot more stable.

[url="http://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/shop/view_product.php?product=kordt10"]http://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/shop/view_p...product=kordt10[/url]

not the cheapest but many cheaper tuners are only suitable for guitar due to the lack of repsonse on lower frequencies

I wouldn't trust them behringer ones, I tried 2 of them... they struggled to get the low E and sometimes A, So i didn't even wanna try it at a gig...

Just remember, you get what you pay for... cheap parts will cut your signal down. save n get the korg one, or the boss... IMO anyway...

[quote name='nick' post='453419' date='Apr 3 2009, 03:16 PM']Mmmm...you could try the Behringer, cheap.
Had one myself, before getting a Boss. TBH wish I hadn't sold it, as I found it tracked better than the TU-2, though obviously no way near as robust.[/quote]

Really? I have a TU-2 (suspect bought at same time as your one originally) and it tracks down to my low A without trouble. Its in chromatic mode, not the spinny light mode.