Why become a member? ×

Tony Franklin Fretless Precision

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='452765' date='Apr 2 2009, 09:33 PM']No.. I mean for MONEY.

*rolls eyes*

:)[/quote]

PM me or reply with a price then Michael. TBH I didn't think you were all that impressed with your TF - or at least you didn't find much use for the JPUP - but if you're thinking of selling your '71 to buy the ebay item in question I'd be interested.
Chris

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='453372' date='Apr 3 2009, 02:13 PM']Err....

Anyone want to buy a '71 Fretless Precision? :rolleyes:[/quote]

LOL :D
Interested to know why you've gone back given that you let it go last time? I didn't get on with the J-PUP in combination with the P-PUP on my old PJ fretless, whilst I love the sound of my fretless Jazz with the bridge full up and the neck rolled off a little and the sound of my Precision fretless with it's single PUP (hence why I still have both basses). I just couldn't find a good tone using my PJ with both PUPs (the PUP seemed to dominate even with the volume rolled off). Does the TF have any switching/circuits that can give a more Jazz-like sound with both PUPs on? Did that makes any sense :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='453513' date='Apr 3 2009, 04:57 PM']LOL :rolleyes:
Interested to know why you've gone back given that you let it go last time? I didn't get on with the J-PUP in combination with the P-PUP on my old PJ fretless, whilst I love the sound of my fretless Jazz with the bridge full up and the neck rolled off a little and the sound of my Precision fretless with it's single PUP (hence why I still have both basses). I just couldn't find a good tone using my PJ with both PUPs (the PUP seemed to dominate even with the volume rolled off). Does the TF have any switching/circuits that can give a more Jazz-like sound with both PUPs on? Did that makes any sense :)[/quote]

Well...

Partly because I have some things coming up where I could need a more Jaco-ish burp from a J pup, and I haven't got the heart to hack my P up.

Partly because I'm an impulsive fool.

Partly because it might few up a few quid which will come in handy at the moment.

As for the P/J thing... the J pup in the TF is buffered, so they're well-balanced.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WwNwdhjTaY"]Just like this...[/url]

Of course, I'm hanging on to my '71 for a while to make sure I *really* want to sell it...