Why become a member? ×

Nylon tuning machine washers

Gottastopbuyinggear

The nylon washer between the tuner peg and shaft has disintegrated on my son’s Ibanez SR300.  Does anyone have any idea where I could buy replacements?

I can see plenty of places selling ones that are about 6mm outside, 4mm inside diameter, but these are more like 8.56mm outside, 6.5mm inside.  The closest I can find are drum tension rod washers so I may have to give that a try.

Ah, CD Guitars - I’d forgotten about them.  They do seem to be a bit of a treasure trove for awkward to get parts - think I bought an extra long truss rod nut from them a while ago.  

I’ve replied to your PM, and thanks again for the kind offer - I’ll happily relieve you of one of your spares!

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

Fink the Axes ones are Guitar?.. as set of 6...

The Allparts Washers i got are fine on Ibbys etc and are for Bass tuners...

I don't think about these things - what are these "guitars" you speak of?  6?  I just thought it was an even number picked on a whim... ;)

• Haha 1

@PaulThePlugvery kindly sent me two when I needed one for my son’s bass.  I’ll check with him to see if he’s still got the second and if so I’d be happy to pay the favour forward and send it to you, @neepheid.  Don’t hold your breath, though - he’s not the most organised so may not be able to find it!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Gottastopbuyinggear said:

@PaulThePlugvery kindly sent me two when I needed one for my son’s bass.  I’ll check with him to see if he’s still got the second and if so I’d be happy to pay the favour forward and send it to you, @neepheid.  Don’t hold your breath, though - he’s not the most organised so may not be able to find it!

That's very kind of you but I'm ok - I sorted out my issue by stealing a washer from one of the crappy tuners I replaced on my Epiphone Embassy.  I wasn't going to use them for anything anyway because they're pretty poor - and I wouldn't inflict them on someone else if I ever sold the Embassy ;)

Keep it for the next time someone puts out an SOS - I have 3 remaining.