Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB750

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='451888' date='Apr 1 2009, 07:48 PM']I would love one of these, but there's nowt wrong with the amp I have... Mrs. WoT would never let me get away with it..[/quote]

I would love one of these, but there's nowt wrong with the amp I have... Mrs. WH would never let me get away with it.. :)

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='451600' date='Apr 1 2009, 03:31 PM']Sorry for messing about but ive been talked down by other DB750 users!...i think the answer to my tone problems is different cabs..Many thanks for any enquires Geoff[/quote]

Good decision Geoff !! :)

[quote name='Marcus' post='452362' date='Apr 2 2009, 12:59 PM']Good decision Geoff !![/quote]

+1 - I can't imagine what could possibly replace a DB750 (other than maybe a DB751...a few weeks wait on that but I'm not convinced it can be so much of an improvement)

[quote name='lozbass' post='452465' date='Apr 2 2009, 02:25 PM']+1 - I can't imagine what could possibly replace a DB750 (other than maybe a DB751...a few weeks wait on that but I'm not convinced it can be so much of an improvement)[/quote]

Cheap version of a 750 built to a budget, despite protests to the contrary, it's basically the pre-amp stage from the AG500 - great pre-amp that it is, the 750's topology is about as good as it gets.

the 750 will become a genuine classic I think....

[quote name='Marcus' post='452529' date='Apr 2 2009, 04:07 PM']Cheap version of a 750 built to a budget, despite protests to the contrary, it's basically the pre-amp stage from the AG500 - great pre-amp that it is, the 750's topology is about as good as it gets.

the 750 will become a genuine classic I think....[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification - I thought the 751 had a kind of cheap look to it. I'd no idea Aguilar had imported the front-end from the 500. I haven't heard the amp yet, but it seems like a mistake to drop the 750 (if that's the intention) - I agree entirely on 'classic' status