Why become a member? ×

NBD - Squire CV Mustang - updated pic!!!

Pea Turgh

4A26F290-C11F-4904-9986-7CBB11398BC4.thumb.jpeg.78876c1da07b85e7a3f7f6110a974074.jpegI So there goes my “I only need two basses” ethos!

Bought this from @jezzaboy (who was awesome to deal with BTW), who was I’m guessing the 2nd owner.

It looks unused!  Proper shiny and no marks on it.

There are a couple of manufacturing issues though - the bridge looks marginally off-center, but looking at Google Images, they all look it, so maybe it’s just my eyes!

There’s also a finishing flaw where it rests on you knee - no biggy really, but it’s there.

I’ve already ordered an aged mint guard from Earlpilanz on eBay.  I will probably also pop a @KiOgonloom in at some point.  Also need to get it to my excellent local tech Ed Purcell (Instagram @edsintheshed) to get the action nice & low.

Its doing what I wanted it to do though - making it easy for me to pick up & noodle during the day!

The neck is finished well and is comfortable to play, and the whole thing is tiny!  I don’t know what I was expecting, but it’s definitely smaller than I thought it would be 😂

UPDATED PIC WITH NEW SCRATCH PLATE - oh my…

57899AF6-1FE8-46FB-BFCE-C76F64823621.jpeg

08FB0F96-E4AA-4C66-B8A9-F48CD4A1BD47.jpeg

B557B506-C87B-42E4-B94B-16A1319E4A6A.jpeg

3872E506-BC08-466A-B676-EB6751B690C6.jpeg

4A26F290-C11F-4904-9986-7CBB11398BC4.jpeg

Edited by Pea Turgh
Added updated maps my scratch plate pic
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, danweb22 said:

The Mustangs through body stringing is slightly offset through the body and the saddle slots are offset too which makes it look weird but my JMJ Mustang is the same. The strings look centred to the neck so all good!

Yeah, it’s lined up perfectly for playing.  Made me think of Stingray bridges (or what I’ve read and of Stingray bridges on here 😂)

• Pea Turgh changed the title to NBD - Squire CV Mustang - updated pic!!!
  • 1 year later...

I had a noodle on a Squier CV Mustang the other day. And I was instantly smitten! I'd played short scale basses before, but this one looked rather nice, it felt lovely to play, and sounded really decent too. The neck on the CV is lovely.

So I'm tempted to pick a Mustang up now - having said I was on a mission to thin the collection.... doh!

Belated happy NBD 😀 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marc S said:

I had a noodle on a Squier CV Mustang the other day. And I was instantly smitten! I'd played short scale basses before, but this one looked rather nice, it felt lovely to play, and sounded really decent too. The neck on the CV is lovely.

So I'm tempted to pick a Mustang up now - having said I was on a mission to thin the collection.... doh!

Belated happy NBD 😀 

They are addictive.