Why become a member? ×

Barefaced 'Guess Who' - Super 12 or Super Twin?

Shepster8316

I have a Barefaced 2x12" which I always thought was a Super Twin, but now after looking to move it on it could be a Super 12.  It's 30" in height, which is kind of the only really measurable difference, so I now think it is a Super 12 (see pics), as the Super Twin is 29".

All the other info on the two seems very similar and if anyone has used both I'd be grateful for any differences they  in the sound?  I'm after some info from the more informed in BC than I am just to confirm.

Thanks in advance.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by Shepster8316
Add extra info.

4 minutes ago, Shepster8316 said:

Any idea if they sound different in any way to the Super Twin that came after? 

Marginally. The S12 has standard Eminence drivers; the Super Twin has bespoke Eminence drivers based on the same original driver but with tweaks to Barefaced’s requirements.

Edited by Merton

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

I think the Super12 is either more middy/less flat or the Super Twin is more bassy/less flat. Which it is I have no idea, just my impressions after hearing them both (and having had a Super12).

1 hour ago, BobVbass said:

My s12T was definitely middy - it really sang and had a very colourless response if that's the right word - it felt like you got the true sound of every amp - astronomically loud as well 

Yep, I almost wrote that but didn’t. I would expect the S12 to be more “barky”, especially at volume