Why become a member? ×

Zoom H4n Pro - Silver model with accessories
£100
N O R W i C H

It's this model: https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Zoom-H4n-Pro/art-REC0012578-000 which has recently been upgraded to have a back shell and is around £200 now. I haven't actually made much use of the recorder over the time I've had it. Watch my video on YouTube about how to make these and other Zoom products in to a handy Ambient Monitor.

zoom-h4n-pro_1_REC0012578-000.jpg

Shipping is probably around £10, tracked and insured, mainland England - Shipping further afield will require a quote.

Comes with:

Hard ABS carry case shell

32Gb Memory Card.

I think I have a dead cat and possibly USB cable for it and a soft case to carry it and accessories in. These items are subject to locating but will be added as extras :)

Bank Transfer and you also have the option of arranging your own collection which suits people greatly.

• Like 3

These things are just bloody great. With my gigging bands we put the whole backline through the PA (i.e. we mic up the guitars & DI the bass) so all that's missing is the kit. I clip the H4n to the table holding the PA, run a stereo splitter lead from the PA to the H4n inputs, and make sure that the on-board mics are pointing more-or-less over the drummer's shoulder. With a minimal amount of mixing and tweaking, we can have a high-quality recording of every gig.

I'm tempted to buy this myself, but even a gear-head like me can't justify owning two of these. 🙄

• Like 1

Hi Dood,

Very interested in this, have various bits for sale which I need to shift to free up the funds, however I have a quick q...

I run a mini 2 channel mixer, one channel for bass and 1 for ambient mic where the monitoring in a venue is sub par / non existent! In an 8 piece band it's often difficult to get any mix at all so this method has proved invaluable. Your unit looks considerably tidier than what I am using, hence the temptation - do you know if there is a way to feed the output in stereo to a sennheiser wireless iem? Presume a 3.5mm jack to 2 x 1/4 inch jack cable would exist, but do you know of any reason that wouldn't work?

Many thanks,

Rick

5 hours ago, Rik (ESA) said:

Hi Dood,

Very interested in this, have various bits for sale which I need to shift to free up the funds, however I have a quick q...

I run a mini 2 channel mixer, one channel for bass and 1 for ambient mic where the monitoring in a venue is sub par / non existent! In an 8 piece band it's often difficult to get any mix at all so this method has proved invaluable. Your unit looks considerably tidier than what I am using, hence the temptation - do you know if there is a way to feed the output in stereo to a sennheiser wireless iem? Presume a 3.5mm jack to 2 x 1/4 inch jack cable would exist, but do you know of any reason that wouldn't work?

Many thanks,

Rick

I’ve ran the output live direct to my IEMs, so yup it does work :) Very well!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rik (ESA) said:

Brilliant thanks - was that via wireless?

It wasn't, but wireless is an amplifying medium by nature so it's more likely to work with it than without :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Y'know, that never even occurred to me. And doing this doesn't interfere in any way with the recording function?

It doesn't! Nope. I've used Zoom recorders as an Ambient IEM feed for ages. Just enable the 'monitor' features and the sound from the stereo microphones is amplified to earphone level and sent direct to the output jack. The only thing to note is that units like the old H1 can clip in really loud situations due to the limit of the mics on board. This one can easily handle 140dB which is of course a significant amount of SPL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wilco said:

Hi Dan,

Is this still available?

If so, you think this device would work well recording a band in a rehearsal room via the microphones only?

Cheers,

Paul.

It works exceptionally well recording a band in the rehearsal room using the in-built mics, yes! Pretty much one of the jobs it is designed to do considering it can handle 140dB on those Mics. You can also record another two separate tracks (4 total) using the XLR inputs, which of course be another set of mics positioned elsewhere. 

Yes, it is still for sale, though a few times I have thought about keeping it!

4 hours ago, Rik (ESA) said:

Hi Dan, if by some chance this hasn't sold by next Friday I'll take it off your hands, though it looks like Paul may have done so already!

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Rick. yes Paul has dived in and grabbed the H4n Pro, sorry about that! 

• Like 1