Why become a member? ×

Sei original four

jmanfunk

Hello guys and gals,

With the plethora of high end fivers in the for sale section at the moment, I've been very much missing that fifth string so I'm offering up my Sei original. It's in near immaculate condition, save the mark on the underside shown in the pics. Looks like it's had very little playing time. Currently strung with light gauge Elixirs and has a a low action.

Specs:

[list]
[*]Mahogany wings
[*]ebony fret board
[*]7 piece laminate neck of ebony and flamed maple
[*]Burled maple front and rear facing with amber tint
[*]Bartolini pups and Schack pre
[*]gold hardware
[*]Green side leds
[*]control compartment with matching wood facing
[/list]

Pics-

Plenty more pics on request. (Hope you don't mind me re-using the pics Dirk. Sun is very much lacking around here a the moment)

[b]Trade wise, I'm looking for any high-end fives eg. another Sei of course, GB, Overwater, possibly a Sadowsky or any super J. [u]Minimum requirements are for a 34" scale neck and 18mm or less string spacing [/b][/u]. Also, I'd be interested in frteless fives-a Pedulla would be perfect. Shoot me a pm with any offers.

I would sell outright, but with the Sterling/Euro difference as it is, it means a euro price of 1750 works out at £1640 (price includes postage and hardcase). Not a bargain by any means :) but it is a cracking bass!

Jay

Edited by jmanfunk

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='448960' date='Mar 29 2009, 09:00 PM']Not a great fan of Sei's, but that is lovely and the nicest ive seen, if a tad expensive as the seller states. damn the exchange rate.[/quote]

Damn the exchange rate indeed! A custom Overwater has never been so affordable, at least from my perspective :)

[quote name='Rayman' post='453575' date='Apr 3 2009, 06:09 PM']That sir, is a fine bass guitar.[/quote]

Why thank you, it's a bit of a looker alright.

Weekend bump. Plenty of trade offers but all have been with a 35" scale. Are there any 34"ers out there!? :)

Jay.

Sterling must have gained a little ground against the Euro, as 1750euro now equates to £1,555 GBP. A difference of £85 to the price I quoted on March 29th!

If anyone is thinking of a cash offer, put 1750euro into the currency converter at [url="http://www.xe.com"]http://www.xe.com[/url] and see what the current rate is.

Jay.

That bass looks great, and due to the gloss finish I’m almost certain those marks can be completely polished out by a French Polisher to make it look as good as new. Good luck with the sale :)

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='454344' date='Apr 4 2009, 08:47 PM']That bass looks great, and due to the gloss finish I’m almost certain those marks can be completely polished out by a French Polisher to make it look as good as new. Good luck with the sale :)[/quote]

My thoughts exactly :rolleyes: . The scratches haven't penetrated the finish so can be buffed out with minimal cost.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='464284' date='Apr 16 2009, 07:00 PM']I've decided that a five string is what I really want so this is still available for sale. I'd still welcome any five string trades of course. :)

Also, some part exchanges+cash my way would work.[/quote]

Jay,Is this still available ?.I kinda getting out of the 5's so I migt tempt you with one or 2 others.leave me know and I send the details on,
All the best,
Mick.

[quote name='Mickb1773' post='530232' date='Jul 2 2009, 08:51 AM']Jay,Is this still available ?.I kinda getting out of the 5's so I migt tempt you with one or 2 others.leave me know and I send the details on,
All the best,
Mick.[/quote]
hi mate got a warwick dolphin sn 5.
upgraded brass nut
and peizo brigde too
case and all candy?

martin at the gallery has my 6 sei and i miss it allready!!!!!!
regards
ziggy