Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: FEA Opti-FET Compressor £220
£220
Twickenham

SumOne

EDIT: Withdrawn for now while I figure out if I need this with my new setup, message me if you are interested and I'll get back to you.

FEA Opti-FET Compressor £220

Good condition and perfect working order. 

Twickenham pickup or postage at buyers cost.

I'm selling a lot of Pedals (Pictured below, each has their own advert) so can do discounts if you're buying more than one. 

My feedback is here https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/446834-feedback-for-sumone/?tab=comments#comment-4400336

thumbnail_20210528_124340.jpg

thumbnail_20210528_124349.jpg

thumbnail_20210528_122720.jpg

Edited by SumOne
On hold

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, lee650 said:

I've had a cali76 CB for ages and in love it, but I keep looking at these and the fact I haven't tried one, is driving me mad 😂

I'm similar with the Cali! I'd suggest a trade but am trying to raise £ for a Helix which will hopefully cover my compressor needs (at least for a few months - until I get bored of it sell it and re-buy all my pedals again!)

Edited by SumOne
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, lee650 said:

I've had a cali76 CB for ages and in love it, but I keep looking at these and the fact I haven't tried one, is driving me mad 😂

Get this and the Cali - you won’t be disappointed 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Get this and the Cali - you won’t be disappointed 

Goodness I'd love that 😁

Very light compression and tone enhancement from tbe FEA at the beginning of the chain,and put the Cali at the end as a limiter 😋

Edited by lee650

20 hours ago, SumOne said:

I'm similar with the Cali! I'd suggest a trade but am trying to raise £ for a Helix which will hopefully cover my compressor needs (at least for a few months - until I get bored of it sell it and re-buy all my pedals again!)

I like the simplicity of the Cali as the combined attack/release works well for me. But tonally it's very bright and I'd like somethibg warmer! That being said, I've gone to passive on my basses (except my musicman) so having that extra clarity will work nicely.

I haven't tried a helix, and I've seriously considered that route myself, but I've seen too many people sell all their board to buy one, then promptly start to buy compressors and octaves as they arnt happy with the models. An ideal board would be having both, I'd say if you can afford it, try to get the Helix and keep the FEA (the warmth from that comp, will help soften some of the digital effects)

Edited by lee650
  • Like 1

I have both - I use the FEA with all switches dipped and it gives a great old school type flavour, great tone - I keep the Cali to be punchy as - honestly - it’s so much fun

you don’t even need to have the cali as a limiter - just use both as you would do for a different flavour

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, lee650 said:

I like the simplicity of the Cali as the combined attack/release works well for me. But tonally it's very bright and I'd like somethibg warmer! That being said, I've gone to passive on my basses (except my musicman) so having that extra clarity will work nicely.

I haven't tried a helix, and I've seriously considered that route myself, but I've seen too many people sell all their board to buy one, then promptly start to buy compressors and octaves as they arnt happy with the models. An ideal board would be having both, I'd say if you can afford it, try to get the Helix and keep the FEA (the warmth from that comp, will help soften some of the digital effects)

I think you're right. I might withdraw this advert for the time being until I've tested the Helix compressor vs FEA, I've got a feeling the FEA will be the winner. 

• Like 1

Just now, SumOne said:

I think you're right. I might withdraw this advert for the time being until I've tested the Helix compressor vs FEA, I've got a feeling the FEA will be the winner. 

Haha - sorry for ruining a sale!

26 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Haha - sorry for ruining a sale!

No, thanks  to you and @lee650 for helping me to re-consider! I was in two minds about selling this before being able to test how good the Helix compressor is, the credit card can take a hit rather than raising all the cash first. 

I think the FEA will be good to keep (£220 worth vs using Helix compressor though?!) especially for the extra switch for the sidechain as I've found that's really useful to have on when playing a bass heavy clean signal to play deep low dubby stuff where I don't want the lows compressed too much but can then click that off to get more compression on the lows when using things like synth and filters if the lows need more taming.  Perhaps there's a way of doing sidechain compression on the Helix and quickly being able to click it on/off but I doubt it'll be as good or straightforward as doing it with the FEA.

....this does mean that the Helix isn't seeming like such a good cost saving option as I'm gradually deciding to keep more pedals it was supposed to replace!

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, lee650 said:

Aha on hold! Someone's going to be happy. Shame I don't have the cash 😁

It's only on hold for me at the moment though! Just while I test how it works with a Helix, first impressions are that it does add something - softens and makes it sound a bit smoother than using the Helix compressors....just need to decide how much I need the £. 

1 hour ago, SumOne said:

It's only on hold for me at the moment though! Just while I test how it works with a Helix, first impressions are that it does add something - softens and makes it sound a bit smoother than using the Helix compressors....just need to decide how much I need the £. 

Cool!! A good optical comp is great if your using digital effects. I used to use a Effectrode then a Diamond and later the 3leaf Pwnzor which both worked well, with the source audio Gemini I had at the time, it almost puts back that Analog fatness. I think you'd regret it, if you relied on the the Helix comp (and I'm sure it's great)

• Like 1

On 09/06/2021 at 11:22, Cuzzie said:

I have both - I use the FEA with all switches dipped and it gives a great old school type flavour, great tone - I keep the Cali to be punchy as - honestly - it’s so much fun

you don’t even need to have the cali as a limiter - just use both as you would do for a different flavour

Yeas that would be the ideal situation for me! FEA for the P bass and cali for the jazz/musicman

• MB1 locked this topic