Why become a member? ×

ebs 4 x10 proline

ian

Am not sure what an SWR 4x10 will have that the EBS does not; but hey its your cab.

As for price, look and see what others have sold for on here or ebay. My usual rule of thumb is to half the price new and round up or down to the nearest £100, depending on how desperate I am to sell. As a new one is £950 that makes it £400-£500.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='447833' date='Mar 28 2009, 12:23 AM']Am not sure what an SWR 4x10 will have that the EBS does not; but hey its your cab[/quote]

+1
I used a SWR Goliath for years and sold it to get an EBS proline, i found the EBS had a bigger clearer tone, but its a pig to lift compared to the SWR- LEE

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='447833' date='Mar 28 2009, 12:23 AM']Am not sure what an SWR 4x10 will have that the EBS does not; but hey its your cab.[/quote]

In my experience having owned both of these cabinets the SWR has a significantly greater low frequency performance. The EBS IMO has a noticeable attenuation on the bottom end, this is reflected in the frequency response of the respective cabinets EBS 70hz -18khz, SWR -3db@40hz-15khz...
The Goliath is also easier to handle being 11 pounds lighter. Both great cabinets.....

[quote name='ian' post='447854' date='Mar 28 2009, 01:16 AM']also trade for david eden[/quote]

I have an Eden 4x10 [ not for sale - Lol :) ]

This one
[url="http://www.eden-electronics.com/products/cabs/indiv/d410xst.asp"]http://www.eden-electronics.com/products/c...div/d410xst.asp[/url]

Great bottom end on it...
Sound wise it does throw it out, but it is heavy.
I think when you get to this level of Cabs,
They all sound great.

Garry