Jump to content
  • 0
adamg67

Posts Disappearing from Activity

Question

I've had this a few times, and have a current example so thought it might be worth posting here.

Posts sometimes disappear from my "Content I started" list, which is confusing as once I've started a topic, I would have said I'd always started it. At the moment I have two things for sale in Accessories & Other Musically Related Items For Sale:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/447556-nordstrand-np5-split-coil-p-pickup-5-string-standard-spacing-price-drop-£80/?tab=comments#comment-4414538

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/447594-delano-split-coil-p-quad-coil-humbucker-pair/?tab=comments#comment-4415267

But only the second one appears in "Content I Started" (Windows 10 PC, Chrome browser). No filters, newest first, the two topics were started about the same time. I dont start that many topics so it's not like there are pages and pages to look through, it should be on the first page easily. I did edit the one that's missing for a price drop. Both were appearing a week or so ago (probably before the edit on the missing one).

As I say, I've noticed this several times before, I use that feature to find things and bump them when I've got stuff for sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
7 hours ago, adamg67 said:

I've had this a few times, and have a current example so thought it might be worth posting here.

Posts sometimes disappear from my "Content I started" list, which is confusing as once I've started a topic, I would have said I'd always started it. At the moment I have two things for sale in Accessories & Other Musically Related Items For Sale:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/447556-nordstrand-np5-split-coil-p-pickup-5-string-standard-spacing-price-drop-£80/?tab=comments#comment-4414538

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/447594-delano-split-coil-p-quad-coil-humbucker-pair/?tab=comments#comment-4415267

But only the second one appears in "Content I Started" (Windows 10 PC, Chrome browser). No filters, newest first, the two topics were started about the same time. I dont start that many topics so it's not like there are pages and pages to look through, it should be on the first page easily. I did edit the one that's missing for a price drop. Both were appearing a week or so ago (probably before the edit on the missing one).

As I say, I've noticed this several times before, I use that feature to find things and bump them when I've got stuff for sale.

I just checked your 'topics started' and they are both there. Leads me to believe the issue is at your end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I just checked your 'topics started' and they are both there. Leads me to believe the issue is at your end.

Not sure how that could be? The problem might only happen when logged in as me, but as a software dev with 20+ years experience on web tech I can't imagine how anything between the BC servers and my eyes would remove one post out of a complete page?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, adamg67 said:

Not sure how that could be? The problem might only happen when logged in as me, but as a software dev with 20+ years experience on web tech I can't imagine how anything between the BC servers and my eyes would remove one post out of a complete page?

Well, it appears as though the two topics you've mentioned are there for @ped and I, but not visible to you, so logically....

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 19.53.24.png

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You're not looking at the page I'm talking about, like I said in the OP It's under "My Activity Streams" / "Content I Posted". Sorted newest first, also as said in my OP.

See below. No "Nordstrand NP5... " post in sight:

249645742_Screenshot2021-04-02195603.thumb.jpg.49edcf37e3ef7ac09d0e5e0e7ab9132d.jpg

972910336_Screenshot2021-04-02195652.thumb.jpg.bab718f5cc1b0e18b1cdfbbdf16b4e2e.jpg

945460703_Screenshot2021-04-02195715.thumb.jpg.eeec5ff554cdee632c54fd30c48e7830.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

To be honest, I've never seen that type of page.

The way I've always found a topic I've started is to go to My Profile > See Their Activity > Topics.

It's never failed me.

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

That's what I'll do now as well, given that I know that one works and the other one doesn't :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...