Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB615 For Sale ** SOLD **

silverfoxnik

Sold pending the usual.....Really happy to avoid Evil Bay.. Thanks for the interest!

Hi Folks
[b]
Reduced to £180 plus p&p before going on Ebay!![/b]

Well having just bought P-T-P's Lakland LPB DJ5, sadly, my Yamaha BB615 (along with a bunch of other stuff including my MM Sub 5) has to go.

This has been my back-up bass since January and IMHO, is one of the best basses out there for the money at the moment. Condition-wise, it's easily 9/10 having never been used really except for the occassional rehearsal and to sit on a stand looking good at gigs! You should be able to see that in the photos, though it's sometimes difficult to photograph well a bass that has a really dark black finish.

When I bought it from GAK, it needed a bit of work, so I had it set up by my local luthier Graham Wheeler, who not only did all the usual stuff, but he sanded the back of the neck down so it's silky smooth to the touch and plays beautifully!

I paid £270 at GAK and it's had a few quid spent on the set-up, so I'd like [b]£180[/b] plus p&p for it if anyone's interested. I'd rather avoid PayPal and their fees, so cheque or cash on collection is much preferred. I'm based in West Sussex if anyone wants to come and have a play of it first. Comes with a gig bag and I'm happy to ship it wherever, though obviously, that's extra. Like most of you, I'd rather not ship a bass but I always take great care when doing so to ensure the bass arrives in exactly the same condition as it left .

Here's some more pictures:
[url="http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/silverfoxnik/BB615headstock.jpg"]BB615 Headstock[/url]
[url="http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/silverfoxnik/BB615d.jpg"]BB615 Body[/url]
[url="http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/silverfoxnik/BB615backheadstock.jpg"]BB615 Back of headstock[/url]
[url="http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/silverfoxnik/BB615b.jpg"]BB615 close up[/url]

Thanks for looking,

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='overwater#1' post='47295' date='Aug 19 2007, 10:26 AM']Wow..I love that figure on the back of the neck!! :)[/quote]
Thanks mate! When the back of the neck was re-finished by Graham Wheeler, my local luthier and all round good chap, it came up really well.. And it does play beautifully,

Nik

That's an awful lot of bass for the money. The Yamaha BB614s &615s are fantastic. Mine's become my main gigging bass of late despite the other two listed below. The pre-amp adds a lot of punch and they can do rock, punk, funk, whatever. Great for cover bands. Don't be put off by the word "Yamaha" - it's often much better than the F word. :)

Good luck with the sale Nik.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='47520' date='Aug 19 2007, 10:21 PM']That's an awful lot of bass for the money. The Yamaha BB614s &615s are fantastic. Mine's become my main gigging bass of late despite the other two listed below. The pre-amp adds a lot of punch and they can do rock, punk, funk, whatever. Great for cover bands. Don't be put off by the word "Yamaha" - it's often much better than the F word. :)

Good luck with the sale Nik.[/quote]
Thanks mate! Have to agree with you that Yamaha make some fantastic basses and though the BB range is supposedly 'budget', it's as you say 'an awful lot of bass for the money'!

Nik

[quote name='ste_m3' post='47531' date='Aug 19 2007, 11:31 PM']ee eck, If this is stil here in about two weeks can i have first dibs?! This would be my perfect introduction to 5 strings! :)[/quote]
No problem if it's still here! Though I'm considering putting it on Ebay in a week if there's no takers here...

[quote name='Bassman' post='51600' date='Aug 28 2007, 10:36 AM']Hello, is possible to send it to Belgium? How much?
Thx[/quote]
Hi Bassman

To send to Belgium via Parcelforce International Standard is approx £37.00 (GBP). It's a 3 day service, insured up to a value of £150 but is not trackable whilst in transit. A trackable service which is better, would cost about £10 more.

I find Parcelforce are reasonabley priced though I can look at others and get back to you if you like?

Thanks

Nik

[quote name='Bassman' post='51631' date='Aug 28 2007, 11:12 AM']this one will be great dont look further.
I let you know before 1-2days if I could take the bass.(pay the bass - deep bankaccount or not :) )
Thx[/quote]
Ok Bassman - I'll wait to hear from you,

Thanks

Nik

[quote name='Bassman' post='52603' date='Aug 30 2007, 07:26 AM']so sorry, I don't have any bucks, I know it's a good deal but I can't right now

Another Bump for this great bass.[/quote]
No problem Bassman and thanks for the BUMP! :)

[quote name='Johngh' post='52621' date='Aug 30 2007, 08:45 AM']I can't believe this is still here for £200, it would be a great Bass for anyone wanting to test the water on a 5er[/quote]

Me neither, so it looks like it's off to Evil Bay at the weekend, which is a shame but needs must!

Thanks

Nik

Been thinking about this...

As an Ebay listing will cost me in fees and potential PayPal fees, I'm prepared to let this go to any Basschat members for £180 + p&p.

So, if anyone wants a great 5 string for £180, let me know.

Thanks

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='52758' date='Aug 30 2007, 01:14 PM']Been thinking about this...

As an Ebay listing will cost me in fees and potential PayPal fees, I'm prepared to let this go to any Basschat members for £180 + p&p.

So, if anyone wants a great 5 string for £180, let me know.

Thanks

Nik[/quote]

Hey man, long shot here, but I've given a bass playing mate of mine a heads up on this.
He's not a member here, but mentioned he was thinking about getting an active 5 string, "probably a Yamaha", he's not nearly as geeky about kit as I am.
Anyway, I've sent him an e-mail, so I'll let you know if he's interested.

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='52803' date='Aug 30 2007, 02:26 PM']oh god! mate, your killing me!

IF ONLY i had spare money... :) :huh: :huh:[/quote]

Sorry to cause a fellow bassplayer any pain!! Just trying to sell a bass for a few sheckles :huh:

Hi Eude

That's very good of you mate - thanks,

Nik