Why become a member? ×

Updated gear

NancyJohnson

Here's an updated shot - left to right - Geddy Lee signature Jazz, 1979 Fender Precision, 2007 Lakland DJ5, 2006 Waterstone Tom Petersson 12-string. The Geddy arrived yesterday.

I think lads, that this is it for me...no more basses. I have enough variety. Now I know it's always never say never, but this pretty much covers me for all eventualities, even if Cheap Trick come knocking.

Best
P

niiiiice!

I really love the lakland and the 8-string! My experience with 8-stringed basses is limited to watching pictures like these so can you tell anything about the playability (is that even a word?), and how do you amplify it? (without the sound getting muddy)

[quote name='snarie' post='441130' date='Mar 21 2009, 03:55 PM']niiiiice!

I really love the lakland and the 8-string! My experience with 8-stringed basses is limited to watching pictures like these so can you tell anything about the playability (is that even a word?), and how do you amplify it? (without the sound getting muddy)[/quote]

Funnily enough, yes it is a word.

[quote name='snarie' post='441130' date='Mar 21 2009, 03:55 PM']niiiiice!

I really love the lakland and the 8-string! My experience with 8-stringed basses is limited to watching pictures like these so can you tell anything about the playability (is that even a word?), and how do you amplify it? (without the sound getting muddy)[/quote]

Count the strings on that "8-string" again...

Was listening to Pearl Jam today in the car and thinking how much I wanna have a go on an 8 or 12-string!

[quote name='ahpook' post='441428' date='Mar 21 2009, 11:16 PM']very niiiiice.

i like you room too :)[/quote]

Aah, decoration and furniture selection is my wife's domain. 'No Paul, the walls have got to be lighter' or 'No Paul, the sofas have got to be lighter'. Even our cats are creamy coloured (attached).

P

Edited by NancyJohnson