Why become a member? ×

Output Arcade - WOW

Crawford13

9 hours ago, Crawford13 said:

You get a 30 day free trial, then £9 a month. 

The way I see it I would waste £9 a month on much worse stuff than this. 

So, what happens when you cancel the subscription? Are you just left with the .wav files you have recorded and nothing else, no VST Synth?

Or, is there a point after a period of subscription that then makes you the license owner and you get to keep a fully working VSTi..??

Just curious really, as I have never gone down the subscription route, other than paying for a DAW version number update every couple of years or so.

(which you get to keep, of course).

Edited by lowdown

37 minutes ago, lowdown said:

So, what happens when you cancel the subscription? Are you just left with the .wav files you have recorded and nothing else, no VST Synth?

Or, is there a point after a period of subscription that then makes you the license owner and you get to keep a fully working VSTi..??

Just curious really, as I have never gone down the subscription route, other than paying for a DAW version number update every couple of years or so.

(which you get to keep, of course).

Hmm not 100% sure on this to be honest I will check for you, see what I can find out. 

Once I have found what I'm looking for I usually bounce the midi data to wav as to not tax the CPU. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lowdown said:

So, what happens when you cancel the subscription?...

I expect it either 'logs in' and checks for a still-valid subscription at launch, or has a date stamp somewhere that expires after 30 days. Many of these subscriptions are for $x/month, but paid upfront for 1 year, so outlay of $x*12. Others set up a standing order for the bank (or Paypal...) to pay monthly.
This is not from experience, however, as I don't buy things that way, so may be wrong.

Edited by Dad3353

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

I expect it either 'logs in' and checks for a still-valid subscription at launch, or has a date stamp somewhere that expires after 30 days. Many of these subscriptions are for $x/month, but paid upfront for 1 year, so outlay of $x*12. Others set up a standing order for the bank (or Paypal...) to pay monthly.
This is not from experience, however, as I don't buy things that way, so may be wrong.

With most of these subscription deals there is usually an option to pay up front for one year (or whatever period) at a reduced rate/discount (as you point out).

But, at some point, that particular version number of the software is your license to keep (subject to their conditions), with updates until the next version number.

When the next update/upgrade version number appears, then updates for the former version cease, but you get keep that version for use. You own it (or at least the license)

It seems like the OP VST is a never ending subscription, and if you want out, there is nothing to show for it, other than Audio and Midi files you have made/composed.

There seems to be little information on what the deal really entails. Maybe it's there somewhere on the Website and I just can't find it?

Anyway, judging from the walk through video, it does sound interesting and impressive. Although, I'm not sure it offers me something much more than Omnisphere 2.X does.

Which I have....or, maybe I should say, own...:D

These days, just about everything that is released sounds terrific. It's just my my wallet struggles to keep up with it all (as does my brain) O.o

:D

I had a subscription to this Output Arcade. Basically if you cancel, you can use the VST (fully functioning) as a playback only device, you cannot record any more stuff with it (until you resubscribe). I was impressed using it for the first 5 minutes, but then quickly got very bored of it. I'm sure it's delightful for 1 key EDM and other similar genres - but it wasn't for me.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sammybee said:

I had a subscription to this Output Arcade. Basically if you cancel, you can use the VST (fully functioning) as a playback only device, you cannot record any more stuff with it (until you resubscribe). I was impressed using it for the first 5 minutes, but then quickly got very bored of it. I'm sure it's delightful for 1 key EDM and other similar genres - but it wasn't for me.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

👍