HumblePie

Warwick Thumb NT 6 CS Masterbuilt TRADED
£3149
Germany

Superb bass, custom made in Markneukirchen.

I got this bass in a trade and enjoyed it very much. Due to a permanent switch to fretless bass, I am selling this very special instrument.

Mint condition.

Half the price of a new one (£6,000/6,500).

https://shop.warwick.de/en/instruments/electric-basses/warwick-masterbuilt/thumb/thumb-nt/20511/warwick-masterbuilt-thumb-nt-6-string-natural-oil-finish

The specs:

• Six strings
  • Schaller Machine Heads with wooden knobs
  • Just-A-Nut III Brass
  • Neck Wood: Wenge neck, 5 laminates
  • Fretboard: Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard
  • Fluorescent Side Dots
  • Fingerboard Radius: 26"
  • Scale length: 34" 
  • Width Nut: 45,0 mm / 1.8" - Width 12th fret: 60,8 mm / 2.4" - Width 24th fret: 69,11 mm / 2.7"
  • Fret quantity material and size 26 Jumbo Bronze (extra hard) frets (width: 2.9 mm / height: 1.3 mm) -
  • Frets: IFT - Invisible Fretwork Technology
  • Body Shape: Curved Body Shape
  • Bodywood (Topwood / Backwood): Bubinga Pommelé body
  • Pickups Active EMG soapbar H/H
  • Electronics: Active MEC 3-way electronics
  • Pot layout: Volume & Balance stacked P/P for active/passive / Mid / Treble & Bass stacked
  • Bridge system: 2-piece solid Brass Warwick Bridge
  • Strap system: Warwick security locks
  • Construction: Hidden neck
  • High Polish Finish
  • Hardware colour: Chrome
  • Weight: 5,6 kg
  • Included accessories: Warwick User Kit including hex key tools and Cleaning cloth
  • Certificate: Individually issued certificate of authenticity
  • Original and super solid flightcase.

Edited by HumblePie
  • Like 5

There are no photos! Not even in Hugues old post, for a £3000+ bass we at least need photos sir! :)

There you go.

Very hard to capture the beauty of this bass, there is a very deep 3D-effect when you see it in person, also the high gloss finish looks great, but it makes taking a good pic all the more difficult, at least for me.

• Like 1

Up there with the best instruments made in the world right now. 

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By waveydavy
      For sale maida vale precision bass pickup and wiring loom/harness consisting of cts pots, cloth wire and orange capacitor.
      Price includes p and p
    • By timmchale2009
      Hi All
      Up for grabs is this cracking 2004 German built Warwick Streamer LX Jazzman.
      Got this in March in trade, however I have sadly not bonded with this beautiful beast tonally as much as I thought I would, just not my cup of tea compared to my Jazz and Rick. Playability wise however it's super tight and fast and is an utter joy to physically play. 
      I have changed the original just-a-nut for the just-a-nut III. The strap pins were glued in, and when I tried to screw them out the screw snapped. I have drilled a pilot hole next to the original posts and fitted Schaller Strap Lock Pins. I have taken photos of where they are as the glue appears to have marked the finish. But this is not noticeable when playing or when your strap is on.
      Otherwise it's had a thorough clean and does show signs of its 17 years of gigging etc. But I would say it's in overall fair to good condition. It's not a case queen by any stretch but it's not exactly a mangy junkyard dog.
      produced:
      20.12.2004 Description:
      Streamer, 4-string
      Honey Violin Oil finish
      Swamp Ash/AA Flamed Maple top body
      Ovangkol neck
      Gold hardware
      Made in Germany I am open to negotiation on price. Cash is King but am open to trades, no Ibanez. Preferably passive & I am open to 5 strings and fretless also, Flea Jazz or Geddy Jazz. But come at me w.h.y. worse I can say is no thanks. I will ship, will be super well packaged and it will come with a bass centre padded gig bag.
      Any questions please don't hesitate to ask away.
      Thanks
      Tim

• By d_g
      I'm selling my Poller 3/4 (standard) size double bass. Really great bass for students or jazz/rockabilly. I gigged it professionally for several years before upgrading.
      It's made in Romania in the early 90s. It has been my backup bass for the last few years but I can’t justify keeping two at the moment.
      Makes a great bass for a student or an electric bass player taking up upright - I’ve gigged it and and it is very light so great for carrying around to gigs etc. I’ll include a soft case and I can probably find a spare double bass stand if you would like one too.
      Price drop to £795 and open to sensible offers and happy to chuck in the Realist for a little extra.
      I'm currently located in Surrey/Kingston so delivery/trial around the south east is possible. You are welcome to come for a socially distanced play in the garden but serious buyers only please. Any questions let me know!
      Many thanks
      Dan

• By d_g
      Tentatively putting my Overwater up for sale on here. I'm in no rush to sell it but open to offers and trades (possibly with cash my way) for lightweight, 34" scale, 5 string jazzes - Fender, Sadowsky etc.
      Anyone who's played one of these knows the kind of quality you can expect from this. It was built for me in 2017 by Chris and the team and would cost around £3500 to have made now I believe. I originally ordered it with an East J Retro which I have since changed for a J Tone giving it a more vintage sound and the versatility of a passive tone control. It will also come with the extra capacitors which are easy to switch out to adjust the roll off of the tone control. I also swapped the pickups from Overwater Ceramic to OWs new Alnico ones. I will include both sets of pickups for the buyer. 
      Spec is below, let me know if you have any questions, it's in very nearly perfect condition, a few marks on the headstock are pictured. You are welcome to try in Chessington, KT9. I will also consider posting fully insured.
      - Maple 21 fret bolt on neck
      - Nut 46mm
      -19mm string spacing
      -MOP block inlays
      -3mm side dots (1mm bigger than standard for extra visibility)
      -Alder body
      -J Tone Preamp
      -OW Noiseless Alnico Pickups (Ceramics for more HiFi sound also included)
      -Hipshot Ultralight Tuners
      -Custom Seafoam Green Finish
      Many thanks
      Dan

The tiny black mark in the picture below was just rubber and has now been cleaned off. 

• By FEND3R
      SOLD

1990 Fender Custom shop fretless Jazz Bass. As you can expect from a John Page era custom shop bass – a superb instrument and one of the earliest Fender fretless jazz basses that I have seen from Fender (after the extremely rare ones from the 70s).
      As one can expect the bass has been played a lot and shows a lot of dings and dongs, patina on the hardware, etc., but is all original and in perfect functional condition: straight neck with more place in the truss rod to adjust (it is not maxed out), all electronics and hardware work accordingly, action can be set very nice and low. The bass is superbly responsive, resonates extremely well with great dynamics and the harmonics are just amazing – it both sings and does the “mwah” just as well. I have not made any attempts to renew the hardware (remove the patina), because IMHO it gives it character, but if you wish my bass tech can do that prior to shipping. Width at nut is 38mm and the bass weights 4,07kg. according to my home scale. It comes with a black tolex case, probably not original.
      More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/xzum76RP3hJfic3s5
      Why am I selling it if its such a great bass – I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the vintage precisions. The asking price is less than what it costed me, but can consider sensible offers. No trades, I am afraid, unless it is a well played pre-1974 precision or recent B-15. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.
      Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU.  
      You can check my feedback here :