Chaos Daveo

Ibanez srms800 please remove, sold.
£550
Stoke On Trent

Hello All,

Here we have an absolute beast of a bass, currently I'm bandless and as we know covid is effecting our fine art. It's priced to sell as I cannot really justify having three basses at present, Its a wonderful instrument to play and own, with incredible tone for days. Collection from Stoke and cash is king, as always. I wont dispatch, post or muck about with sending it anywhere, sorry that's my choice as I want it to be pristine when you get it. I cannot stress how comfortable the fanned fret is and part of me will be gutted to see it go, this gathering dust is just criminal. Happy Sunday, come grab a bargain..

BODY WOOD:  Mahogany 
BRAND: Ibanez
FRETBOARD WOOD: Panga Panga
HARDWARE COLOUR: Black
NECK WOOD:  Multi Piece Neck 
NUMBER OF STRINGS: 4 String Basses
PICKUP CONFIG: J/J, Bartolini BH2 dual-coil pickup, 3-band EQ 
TOP WOOD:  Burl 

Dave.

5257.jpg

5258.jpg

5259.jpg

5260.jpg

5261.jpg

5262.jpg

5263.jpg

5264.jpg

5087.jpg

Edited by Chaos Daveo
Sold
  • Like 1

I have the 5 string. The necks are lovely on these bass's wish I could justify another bass but like you to many already.GLWTS from another son of Stoke.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WAYNESWORLD said:

I have the 5 string. The necks are lovely on these bass's wish I could justify another bass but like you to many already.GLWTS from another son of Stoke.

Thankyou kind sir..

On 04/11/2020 at 11:55, WAYNESWORLD said:

I have the 5 string. The necks are lovely on these bass's wish I could justify another bass but like you to many already.GLWTS from another son of Stokellp

Pending sale

• Like 1

Hope your sale goes through, just looking for some advice on your bass as I want a fanfret, never played one before.  How good are these and would you recommend a fanfret?  Any advice or experience would be appreciated

On 04/11/2020 at 11:55, WAYNESWORLD said:

11 hours ago, ProfJames said:

Hope your sale goes through, just looking for some advice on your bass as I want a fanfret, never played one before.  How good are these and would you recommend a fanfret?  Any advice or experience would be appreciated

Cheers man, fanned fretts I found easy to get on with its just ....different you do adapt slightly. I always find this comfortable to play...

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mikey D
      'Unexpectedly' I'm selling my Ibanez GWB35...as I 'unexpectedly' bought a GWB1 on a whim! I don't need both and always wanted an OG Willis. So someone can have this beast.
      There couple of nicks in the lacquer with a small one being on the headstock and others on the back as shown in photos. Otherwise no issues and in excellent working order.

Can be setup and strung E - C with Warwick Black Label strings or B - G with D'Addario flatwounds - buyer's choice.

Now the best bit, all the stock electronics have been upgraded for a custom Nordstrand Dual Coil with exposed pole pieces and the preamp was changed to a BeePre (from Bee Basses). I have owned 2 of these basses, one stock and this beast which has a much improved full warm or dynamic tone, a more musical usable range, considerably more output and extremely quiet, but all of this should go without saying with the quality of the upgrades.

The control cavity was enlarged and fully shielded with copper foil to fit the new pre and controls, but it still fits underneath the original cover plate.
      Controls were switched from a single volume and a stacked treble/bass to following: Single volume (with push/pull for active/passive) Mid boost/cut (with push/pull to change the frequency) Stacked treble/bass boost/cut Series/parallel switch Mute switch
      The pickup is a custom Nordstrand Dual Coil. A 5 string model wound with the pole pieces closer together that fit in their standard 4-string pickup cover for the Dual Coil as it is the same size as the stock pickup. This was not a cheap upgrade and took time for the custom model to be produced, but it has helped this bass turn into the beast that it is.

For more information on upgrades check out respective websites:
      Bee Pre-Amp
      https://www.beebasses.com/

Nordstrand
      https://nordstrandaudio.com/pages/custom-options

Videos
      Video of bass being played
      Another short video of bass being played

This bass is effortless to play and I will be gutted to see it go as for many years it was my sole bass.
      £575

• By cbd
      Hi!
      For sale is an extremely rare Ibanez 6-string P/J bass - in fact pretty much the only model I've seen with a P pickup.The electronics are also really cool - high output pickups mean that you can toggle passive/active mode without the usual drop in volume you get on most active basses - so you can swap from passive P tones to punchy active modern tones in seconds, without switching amp inputs
      Specs:
      SR6 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga neck Bubinga top/Mahogany body Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay Medium frets Accu-cast B306 bridge Nordstrand CND P/J pickups Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ/Eq bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) Black matte hardware Condition is used, but only just - I got it just over a year ago, but it's not been out loads (gigs have been pretty slow recently for some reason...). A few tiny marks here and there if you look closely - the worst is probably at the edge of the end of the headstock (opposite "R in SDGR" - visible in the photos). Otherwise it's working great!
      Light (well, for a 6 string) at 4.8kg / 10.6lbs
      16.5mm string spacing at the bridge, and 44mm from the centre of the B to centre of the C at the nut. Neck width is 53mm at the nut.
      Now looking for ~£575. I might consider trades + cash for something cheaper too if it helps
      I'm based in Cambridge - collection would be ideal, but I don't mind driving a bit further afield to drop it off, or can post for £20.
      Any questions let me know, cheers

• By terryj
      Ibanez 5 string elec/acoustic, apart from a small mark on the back of the neck ( which I've tried to show) it's in mind condition, has on board tuner, eq, chorus etc.  Unfortunately I can't get on with 5 strings, old school I'm afraid. 

• By jjl5590
      Ibanez SR900 TKF for sale, great condition.
      One-piece neck thru construction, Bartolini pickups. 2005 model manufactured in Korea.

• By Spingere
      My Ibanez GWB 1005 fretless with the original ebanol fingerboard is up for sale, but only because I'm mightily in need of the money. This is a beautiful, hand made (in Japan) instrument which originally cost me £3,500.
      It's only been gigged twice and has spent the rest of its life in my studio. It comes with an Ibanez Prestige hardcase and all the original parts. It is signed by Gary Willis on the back and has only one tiny ding (a few millimeters across) on the bottom of the lower horn and another tiny one just under the knobs. The volume knob recently developed a crackle but some switch cleaner sorted that out.
      There is a full technical description on the Ibanez web site, the only difference being that this bass has an ebanol fingerboard not an Ebony one (as stated on the site) or Rosewood (which newer versions have). https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/detail/gwb1005_33_04.html
      Please contact me if you have any questions.