sirmuppet

FENDER SUPER BASSMAN & 410 NEO CAB WITH HOTCOVERS & FLIGHT CASE - EX BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB (SOLD)
£1650
Dundee

Hi there

Have decided to sell me Bass amp and go for something smaller. It truly is the best bass head I've used but I don't play nearly as much as I did when I got it and not the size of venues either. The clean channel is superb. Gives you a nice clean tone, you can go from fat to sharp and anywhere in between. You can also pull on the treble and bass knobs and they pop out. This allows you to switch the frequency of the knob and get a different sound. Go over to the drive channel and things get interesting. This channel is active past the midway of the Treble, middle and bass knobs (There's a little indent you feel when turning them to let you know when you hit the active part). This means you can boost them past the natural register and get a bunch more tones. You also have the push/pull knobs on the treble and bass like channel 1. There's also a mid frequency knob to allow you to tailor exactly what frequency you want to alter. There's a gain for the amount of overdrive you want which can get crazy if you go to 10. With the gain knob there's a blend where you can balance how much of the clean signal gets mixed with the overdriven one so you don't lose any low end if you worry about that. Personally having the blend at 10 I think is the best and I think it sounds great in the mix. The cab is punchy with lots of bass and treble on tap for when you want it.

I've had it serviced just before lockdown and also put in a full re-valve. So this amp has had a full set (Preamp and power valves) of JJ's. It sounds amazing and fresh! It's had maybe a couple of hours use since then. The head comes with both a "Hot Covers" padded cover for the head and a "Matt Snowball" flight case while the can has a Hot covers padded cover. You'll see the flight case is sprayed and has a tour plaque from "Bombay Bicycle Club". This was because I bought the head and case from them. Ed and the guys were selling some gear when they went on hiatus a couple of years ago to do solo and side projects. There's also a Boss pedal included for switching channels. 

This head really does it all. The output ohm of the head can be switched so if you have an 8, 4 or 2 ohm cab you can just switch the head to match and get the full output. There's a cracking DI where you can go pre or post with it and in has it's own volume control. There's an output for a tuner and an effects loop. The best bit is this amp is self biasing. This means every time you turn it on it checks the 6 output valves to make sure they're working. If there's any issues it will show you and tell you which valve is at fault. You can also set the bias on the fly so inbetween songs you could just decide to run the head hotter getting a breakup at a lower volume or earlier. Just press the up or down button on the bias control and it's done. The self bias also means if a valve fails it will compensate and run at a lower volume so you can get through the gig. Just pop the volume up to match what it was and you can carry on. You can change the valves yourself without having to take it to a tech to bias. So if you have spares at a gig, just change them there and then!

The head is in great condition. It's been well looked after by me and by Bombay Bicycle Club. I've owned the cab from new and that is also in fantastic condition. No rips or nick in either of them.

Pics are of the actual head and cab for sale. There's ones from when I originally was going to sell just the head but I've taken more today with the cab. I'll try and get better ones. 

Here's the spec from Fender:

One of the most powerful and versatile bass amps Fender has ever created, the Super Bassman is a stadium-level 300-watt tube head designed for the biggest shows and the largest stages, with enormous Fender bass sound and sparkling vintage Fender looks. Perfect for stage and studio alike, its dual-channel design uses modern technology to maximize classic technology, with classic Fender late-'60s/early-'70s "blackface" styling and a wealth of innovative features on the front and rear panels.

Features include a tube preamp (two 12AX7s) and power amp (one 12AX7, one 12AT7, six 6550s); Vintage channel that delivers the full, warm sound of a classic Fender passive tone stack; Overdrive channel that delivers the aggressive and responsive sound of a modern active tone stack (choose between channels with included footswitch); rear-panel Fender Automatic Bias system that constantly monitors and re-biases tubes for perfect performance and alerts you when service is required; Speaker Output switch that can be set to "Mute" to turn speaker off and record silently using preamp tone from the XLR output; Impedance switch (8, 4 or 2 ohms) and master volume control with push/pull mute.

FENDER SUPER BASSMAN HEAD FEATURES:

Model Name: Super Bassman®
Series: Bassman® PRO
Amplifier Type: Tube
-Electronics:
Effects Loop: PreAmp Out / Power Amp In
Inputs: Two
Line Out: XLR (Pre/Post) w/ Level and Ground Lift
Speaker Jack: Yes
Channels: 2 - Vintage, Overdrive (footswitchable)
Rectifier: Solid State Rectifier
Controls: Vintage - VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT); Overdrive - GAIN, BLEND, VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID FREQ, MID LVL, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT); MASTER (pull MUTE)
-Hardware:
Hardware Finish: Nickel Corners (Notched)
Cabinet Material: Plywood
Pilot Light Jewel: Yes
Handle: Spring Loaded Handles
Front Panel: Metal, Painted
Frequency Response: 820k (INPUT 1), 136k (INPUT 2), 43k (PWR AMP IN)
Output Impedance: 220 ohm (PREAMP OUT)
Sensitivity: 12mVrms (INPUT 1), 1Vrms (PWR AMP IN) @ 100Hz
Signal To Noise Ratio: 95dB (Power amp), 46dB (Preamp)
Amplifier Depth: 13.5" (34.3 cm)
Amplifier Width: 24.5" (62.2 cm)
Amplifier Height: 10" (25.4 cm)
Amplifier Weight: 65 lbs. (29.48 kg)
-Speakers:
Impedance: Selectable 8, 4, or 2 Ohms
-Tubes:
Pre Amp Tubes: 2x12AX7; 1x12AX7 1x12AT7 (Power Amp)
Power Tubes: 6 X 6550
-Miscellaneous:
Unique Features: Speaker Output 'Mute' for silent recording and Fender Automatic Bias for output tube monitoring/adjustment
-Accessories:
Knobs: Black (w/ Chrome Insert), w/ 1-10, Set Screw

Fender's Bassman 410 Neo cabinet delivers the full, tight and punchy bass sound you'd expect from a 4x10" enclosure, and does it with sparkling vintage Fender looks and a remarkably lightweight design.

Features include four 10" Eminence® U.S.A. neodymium-magnet speakers, compression driver horn with attenuator, lightweight plywood enclosure with classic late-'60s/early-'70s Fender "blackface" styling and Speakon connectors, removable casters and spring-loaded heavy-duty handles for easier transport. Rated at 1,000 watts program (500 watts continuous) at 8 ohms.

FENDER BASSMAN 410 NEO CABINET FEATURES:

Model Name: Bassman® 410 Neo
Series: Bassman® PRO
-Electronics:
Inputs: Two 1/4" and One Speakon
Power Handling: 1000 watts (Program), 500 watts (Continuous) Handling Capability
Horn Tweeter: Compression Driver Horn Tweeter with 8 oz. Magnet
Controls: High Frequency Horn Attenuation
-Hardware:
Hardware Finish: Nickel Plated Steel Corners
Cabinet Material: Lightweight Plywood
Handle: Side-Mounted Steel Flip Handles
Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 15 kHz
Amplifier Depth: 16.25" (41.3 cm)
Amplifier Width: 26" (66 cm)
Amplifier Height: 24.5" (62.2 cm)
Amplifier Weight: Under 55 lbs.
-Speakers:
Speaker: (4) Fender® Special Design Eminence® Neodymium 10" speakers and a compression driver horn
Impedance: 8 Ohms
-Accessories:
Casters: Removable 2" Diameter Swivel Casters
Knobs: Black Plastic

1_f.jpg
2_f.jpg
3_f.jpg
4_f.jpg
5_f.jpg
6_f.jpg
7_f.jpg
8_f.jpg
9_f.jpg
10_f.jpg
11_f.jpg
12_f.jpg
13_f.jpg
14_f.jpg
15_f.jpg
16_f.jpg
17_f.jpg
18_f.jpg
19_f.jpg
20_f.jpg
21_f.jpg
22_f.jpg
23_f.jpg
24_f.jpg
25_f.jpg
26_f.jpg
27_f.jpg
28_f.jpg
29_f.jpg
30_f.jpg
31_f.jpg
32_f.jpg
33_f.jpg
34_f.jpg
35_f.jpg
36_f.jpg

An questions, just ask. I am looking for cash but if you have something to trade you can get in touch. £1650 ONO. Collection only, I'm in Dundee but could travel a little to meet somewhere.

Thanks, G.

Edited by sirmuppet
  • Like 1

Pictures just appear as html text, no actual photos can be seen! (By me anyway!)

7 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Pictures just appear as html text, no actual photos can be seen! (By me anyway!)

5 minutes ago, Sweeneythebass said:

Same here

Try now

If anyone is interested this is one of the two amps Ed is using here at Glastonbury

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Martinobrien70
      I am selling this absolute peach of a bass, I have owned this since new in December 2017 purchased from GAK in Brighton(receipt attached )
      This really is in as new mint condition including all of the original parts, strap, cable and paperwork all in unused condition.
      It is currently strung with Dunlop superbrights, there is also a set of new Fender flat wounds included.
      This has never left the home and been very well looked after, the actions is lovely and the neck plays well, I am only moving this on to fund another purchase.
      They no longer make this model and they are hard to come by.
      This is a great bass with that fender growl you would come to expect.
      I have more pictures if you want them DM me
      Any questions please get in touch 
      Here is what Fender say
      The American Vintage Series
      The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars and basses. Take a trip through Fender history and heritage with these incredibly authentic guitars. The American Vintage series has a range of different years, spanning the mid-50s to mid-60s, all boasting key features and pivotal design elements from their years. The American Vintage series instruments provides expert preservation of an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy, showing how Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
      The new American Vintage Series takes a cleared slate approach with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet - a complete and comprehensive re-imagination of the entire vintage-reissue concept that'll just astound you with its detail. Restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colours and more. Their work based on actual vintage guitars and basses they tracked down.
      American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass, 3-Color Sunburst
      The American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass incorporates the significant changes that were brought to the Jazz Bass in 1974. Only the year before had the bridge pickup been moved about half an inch closer to the bridge. Furthermore, 1974 saw the last of the four-bolt necks for quite a while. The bass guitar's slim "C"-shaped maple neck was re-sculpted with a meatier U-shaped profile (and acquired a walnut "skunk" stripe). White fingerboard binding and pearl block inlays made their first appearance, the longstanding tortoiseshell predecessors were replaced by black pickguards. The American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass also has white binding, pearl block inlays and 20 vintage-style frets. This Jazz Bass comes in a 3-Colour Sunburst colour.
      Additional Features
      This bass's other authentic features include its urethane-finished alder body three-ply black/white/black pickguard (three-ply white/black/white on Black model), new American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups, upper-mounted thumb rest, '70s-style "Fender"-stamped open-gear tuners, vintage-style bridge with single-groove steel "barrel" saddles, four-bolt "F"-stamped neck plate, chrome pickup and "F"-stamped bridge covers with vintage-accurate positioning, and more.
      Features
      Equipped with two American Vintage '74 Single-Coil Jazz Bass pickups for an authentic tone
      Alder body with a 3-colour sunburst finish
      Thicker neck with "U"-shaped profile for added comfort
      Maple and round-laminated rosewood fingerboards with white binding and pearl block inlays
      Specially voiced pickups with period-correct bridge pickup positioning
      Upper-mounted thumb rest for improved comfort
      Vintage-style "Fender"-stamped tuners and neck plate
      Chrome pickup and “F”-stamped bridge covers with period-correct positioning
      Includes Vintage Black hardcase with orange interior
      Real bone nut enhances resonance and sustain
      Specifications
      Body & Bridge:
      Body Shape: Jazz Bass
      Body Material: Alder
      Bridge: American Vintage Single-Groove Steel 'Barrel' Saddles
      Finish: Three Color Sunburst
      Neck & Fingerboard:
      Neck Shape: 'U'-Shape
      Neck Material: Maple
      Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
      Fret size: Vintage-Style
      Radius: 7.25"
      Scale Length: 34"
      String Nut: Bone
      Nut Width: 1.475"
      Inlays: White Pearloid
      Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
      Electronics & Hardware:
      Bridge Pickup: American Vintage Single-Coil '74 Jazz Bass
      Middle Pickup: American Vintage Single-Coil '74 Jazz Bass
      Controls:Volume 1 (Neck Pickup), Volume 2 (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
      Control Knobs: Black Plastic
      Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
      Tuning Machines: American Vintage '70s Fender Stamped Open-Gear
      Strings: Fender USA 7250M, NPS, (.045, .065, .085, .105 Guages)
      Pickup and Bridge Covers: Mounted Chrome with Vintage Accurate Positioning

• By paddybass
      Bought from a BC'er about 3 years ago but not used much so I am moving it on. 
      A beautiful funk machine refinished in Aztec Gold. I haven't got the original listing details but I remember it is a 90's Japan body refinished by Dave Wilson.
      I have replaced the PU's with Ironstone but will include the PU's that came with it (which sounded pretty good) although I don't know the brand:  
      The Ironstone Jazz Bass pickups are Ironstone’s first Bass pickup design. They feature classic 7.3K bridge and 7.1K Ohm neck resistances for rich, but crisp vintage tones. The classic construction also includes: Alnico V vintage tone magnets Fibre flat work bobbins Waxed cloth connecting cable The Jazz Bass pickups are available as individual bridge, or neck, as well as a set. The set only, is also available in a rugged foam-lined presentation case (see photos). A comprehensive mounting kit accompanies all purchases.
      I also had the bridge reset slightly and cleaned up the neck which is silky smooth.
      The neck itself is an Allparts licensed model with Rosewood board and Walnut facing on the headstock. (Apparently cost about £400 itself)
      I am including a Spider hard case in the sale which has served me well and still does the job.
      Strung with Bass Center Stadium Elites 40-100.
      Something a little different and sounds as good as it looks. 

Bad bits:
      Some belt rash on the back, a paint chip to the body near the truss rod adjuster and another chip by the jack input. 
      Some slight smudges to the varnish on the headstock and some wear marks on back of headstock.
      All these can be seen in the pictures and the Bass is priced accordingly, just trying to be honest. 
      Pickup and try out welcome in Poole once lockdown is over. 
      Can courier at cost in a box or meet up somewhere. 
      Thanks

• By FEND3R
      1990 Fender Custom shop fretless Jazz Bass. As you can expect from a John Page era custom shop bass – a superb instrument and the earliest Fender fretless jazz bass that I have seen from Fender (please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I have not seen anything else before the 1991 CS Jaco reissue).
      As one can expect the bass has been played a lot and shows a lot of dings and dongs, patina on the hardware, etc., but is all original and in perfect functional condition: straight neck with more place in the truss rod to adjust (it is not maxed out), all electronics and hardware work accordingly, action can be set very nice and low. The bass is superbly responsive, resonates extremely well with great dynamics and the harmonics are just amazing – it both sings and does the “mwah” just as well. I have not made any attempts to renew the hardware (remove the patina), because IMHO it gives it character, but if you wish my bass tech can do that prior to shipping. Width at nut is 38mm and the bass weights 4,07kg. according to my home scale. It comes with a black tolex case, probably not original.
      More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/xzum76RP3hJfic3s5
      Why am I selling it if its such a great bass – I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the vintage precisions. The asking price is what it costed me, so am not very keen on discounts. No trades, I am afraid, unless it is a well played pre-1974 precision or recent B-15. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.
      Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU.  
      You can check my feedback here : 

• By FEND3R
      1982 Fender Precision Special, ash body, rosewood neck. The color would have been Arctic White according to the catalog, but as you can see this bass has seen it all – I got it from the first owner - a session musician, who did play on it every day for almost 40 years and it shows. I do not know where to start with the roadworn part, but as can be seen – finish is worn almost everywhere, lacquer on the neck is gone in many places, there are numerous bumps, dings, dongs, etc. (luckily surface, no structural damage), pickguard is cracked near the jack, finger rest has been relocated, fingerboard and frets are also worn from playing, etc. etc. – all this is shown in the photos.
      Now the good part – the bass sounds tremendous, I was skeptical towards the Precision Special model and went to check it out only because it look extremely road worn (which in my book is always good), and walked away with it. The action is nice (truss rod has some more space) although the frets are a little worn (if you are picky there is room to have them polished/crowned), the neck has a very comfy beefy C shape profile. Best part is the sound – I admit that always use it in passive mode and it sounds huge – responsive, lots of everything - lows, mids and highs – a very full sounding bass, a bit like a 70s, but not so clanky. Active mode is also nice if you are into this. It is all original apart form 2 screws as far as I am aware, all relicing is natural, weight is 5,05kg, nut width is 42mm., all hardware and electronics work as they are supposed to.
      More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/WPTdiHeXBmHbDgPZ8x`
      I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the more vintage precisions. The asking price is what it costed me, so am not very keen on discounts. No trades, I am afraid, unless it is a well played pre-1974 precision or recent B-15. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.
      It comes with the original case it was purchased with – Fender “Duck foot” Tweed case (sold more with Fullerton reissues) which is in crooked condition, but if you do not want it – I can knock down 70 pounds off the price.  
      Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU. 
      You can check my feedback here -

• By such
      PRICE DROPPED: £900

Edit: I currently need a good P to work for an artist I like, so could be tempted by a straight swap for something of a similar value. Roadworn, Classic '50s Lacquer, Am Std, Am Pro? I do have an option to borrow one, and I'm a fussy f**ker, so will only go for one that really speaks to me. 

For sale is my Fender Marcus Miller signature Jazz Bass. I bought it on BassChat in around 2012; not sure when exactly or who from, since the messages are gone. It had been upgraded by the previous owner with a Sadowsky VTC preamp and Hipshot D-Tuner in matching reverse/nickel. You can say "modded, not upgraded" but I think it's hard to disagree these are legitimate upgrades. The VTC feature itself makes so much difference, the tone control being functional in both passive and active modes allows for some superb tones. Like, cutting most highs with the tone control while boosting treble with the active knob (which is centered somewhat lower, freq-wise) when on bridge pickup soloed, gets you that dark but focused and super spiky tone of electric jazz/fusion virtuoso. 
      Then of course you get a superb slap tone, clean and classic jazz bass sounds and everything you can reasonably expect from a bass of this format. It's bright, punchy, meaty, growly, snappy, airy, open, clear and big. 
      The bass is super playable. When I bought it, the nut was a tiny bit high, I found, so I got Andrew from Anaconda Basses (they weren't really a thing yet then, about to launch) to make me a brass one. It improved playability and effortlessness in lower registers, open string sound and sustain (possibly) and harmonics (audibly). 
      It's as good a jazz bass as you'll get, if you're into this sort of thing. 
      I recall checking the serial number once, and the result said 2007-2010. Also, I think it weighed at 4.1kg, will edit if I remember wrong. It's fairly light and very well balanced. The battery keeps forever. I changed it recently after more than 2 years. It was still going strong, just messed with my inner comfort. 
      Unfortunately, I seem to have inherited arthritic tendencies, so combined with my long fingers, I can't really play a jazz neck anymore. I've commissioned a build of a bass based in some ways on this one, and it will also be funded by this sale - therefore no trades, I'm afraid. 
      I'm willing to post, will need to figure it out though. I will change strings to brand new D'Addario XL steels or nickels (buyer's choice) in 45-105.