silverfoxnik

SOLD: Trace Elliott AH200 Series 6 Bass Amp
£125
Littlehampton, West Sussex

Vintage Trace Elliott AH200 BassAmp and Cover For Sale, 

Now SOLD - thanks for all your interest! 👍😊

For sale only is my Trace Elliot AH200 Amp which I bought on Basschat from @stewblack earlier this year. Here's a link to Stew's ad which includes a link to a short video clip of the amp working :

The amp is in good working order and comes with it's original Trace Elliot cover as can be seen in the photos below.

Despite the fact that it's a high quality English made, classic design bass amp that's packed with quality components and features, it's really portable for such a powerful amp!

On that point, it delivers 200 watts at 4 ohms and trust me, they are seriously loud, old-skool Trace watts which to me, sound as loud as my Hughes and Kettner Bassbase 600 watt amp. 

Apart from the classic Trace Elliot pre-shape switch - which I'd say gives you one of the classic bass tones of the last 35 years  at the push of a button - it also has a switchable 12-band graphic EQ which gives you further extensive controls to easily shape your tone. 

Having said that, there is an inherent Trace Elliot tone to this amp in my opinion which is great straight out of the box also! I think someone else on Basschat once described it as 'hard-baked' which in my head equates to a dry, punchy and vintage bass tone. 

Tech Spec:

* 200 Watts of power at 4 ohms

* Passive and active input sections

* 12-band graphic EQ

* Variable control for the graphic EQ

* Balanced DI out

* Effects loop

* Noise reduction switch

* Line in/Line out

*  Headphone socket

[Not sure how this link has appeared twice and now it has, I can't seem to remove it, so please ignore..] 

In terms of weight, it’s about 9kg, and very easy to carry - lighter than the 300W version even though it is nearly as powerful. It’s convection cooled via a massive aluminium heatsink on the back – so no fans to go wrong. It does have that slight background 'hum' that these amps are known for, but it's not intrusive in my opinion.. 

There's plenty of reviews online for these amps, including YouTube videos, so I won't duplicate them here.. Suffice to say, if you want to hear one of these in action or get feedback on how they sound, the interweb is your friend.. 😁

I'm selling because I've got too many amps and not enough gigs! And, when I was gigging more regularly before the lockdown, I tended to always use my full valve amp...

So, here's your chance to pick up a classic versatile and great sounding bass amp at a very affordable price! 

Covid safe and properly socially distanced vewings are possible and welcome (by arrangement) in Littlehampton, West Sussex and yes, I'm happy to send by fully insured courier (at buyer's expense) if necessary. 

Any questions, please ask away here or send me a PM.

Thanks for looking as ever... 😊

Nik 

IMG_20200827_155733.jpg

IMG_20200827_153106.jpg

IMG_20200827_155742.jpg

IMG_20200827_153620.jpg

IMG_20200827_153609.jpg

IMG_20200827_153601.jpg

IMG_20200827_153309.jpg

IMG_20200827_153245.jpg

IMG_20200827_153237.jpg

IMG_20200827_153119.jpg

IMG_20200827_153129.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
Now SOLD
  • Like 3

Yep, crazy the bargains you can get these days. I used to sit this atop a Barefaced 15 and boy was it mighty! 

I bought it from a Basschatter many moons back, let's keep it in the family folks! 

• Like 1

Thanks Stew and 'hear, hear' to that! 

You know, I've never gigged this or even used it in a rehearsal since I got it from you...

I've literally fired it up a few times and it sounded great every time. 

With no gigs on the horizon for me at the moment, and too much gear, it just doesn't make any sense for me to keep it.. 

As you say, I hope it stays in the Basschat family.. 😊

I own exactly the same amp, my guilty little pleasure! I used to have pictures of these on my bedroom wall when I was a dorky teenager. These days my wife forbids such filth - Prude. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love mine...I have 5 TE's from an Elf to an AH500.

You'll be hard pushed to find a better amp for the money.

GLWTS

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FEND3R
      PRICE DROP - NOW £2050 or sensible offer

1990 Fender Custom shop fretless Jazz Bass. As you can expect from a John Page era custom shop bass – a superb instrument and one of the earliest Fender fretless jazz basses that I have seen from Fender (after the extremely rare ones from the 70s).
      As one can expect the bass has been played a lot and shows a lot of dings and dongs, patina on the hardware, etc., but is all original and in perfect functional condition: straight neck with more place in the truss rod to adjust (it is not maxed out), all electronics and hardware work accordingly, action can be set very nice and low. The bass is superbly responsive, resonates extremely well with great dynamics and the harmonics are just amazing – it both sings and does the “mwah” just as well. I have not made any attempts to renew the hardware (remove the patina), because IMHO it gives it character, but if you wish my bass tech can do that prior to shipping. Width at nut is 38mm and the bass weights 4,07kg. according to my home scale. It comes with a black tolex case, probably not original.
      More detailed pictures can be found here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/xzum76RP3hJfic3s5
      Why am I selling it if its such a great bass – I am letting go a part of my collection and keeping only the vintage precisions. The asking price is less than what it costed me, but can consider sensible offers. No trades, I am afraid, unless it is a well played pre-1974 precision or recent B-15. Also, if you purchase it and do not find yourself to like it – I can take it back as long as you cover the shipping and payment fees.
      Any questions – please, feel free to ask. Price includes shipping to most parts of EU.  
      You can check my feedback here : 

• By Martinobrien70
      I am selling this absolute peach of a bass, I have owned this since new in December 2017 purchased from GAK in Brighton(receipt attached )
      This really is in as new mint condition including all of the original parts, strap, cable and paperwork all in unused condition.
      It is currently strung with Dunlop superbrights, there is also a set of new Fender flat wounds included.
      This has never left the home and been very well looked after, the actions is lovely and the neck plays well, I am only moving this on to fund another purchase.
      They no longer make this model and they are hard to come by.
      This is a great bass with that fender growl you would come to expect.
      I have more pictures if you want them DM me
      Any questions please get in touch 
      Here is what Fender say
      The American Vintage Series
      The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars and basses. Take a trip through Fender history and heritage with these incredibly authentic guitars. The American Vintage series has a range of different years, spanning the mid-50s to mid-60s, all boasting key features and pivotal design elements from their years. The American Vintage series instruments provides expert preservation of an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy, showing how Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
      The new American Vintage Series takes a cleared slate approach with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet - a complete and comprehensive re-imagination of the entire vintage-reissue concept that'll just astound you with its detail. Restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colours and more. Their work based on actual vintage guitars and basses they tracked down.
      American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass, 3-Color Sunburst
      The American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass incorporates the significant changes that were brought to the Jazz Bass in 1974. Only the year before had the bridge pickup been moved about half an inch closer to the bridge. Furthermore, 1974 saw the last of the four-bolt necks for quite a while. The bass guitar's slim "C"-shaped maple neck was re-sculpted with a meatier U-shaped profile (and acquired a walnut "skunk" stripe). White fingerboard binding and pearl block inlays made their first appearance, the longstanding tortoiseshell predecessors were replaced by black pickguards. The American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass also has white binding, pearl block inlays and 20 vintage-style frets. This Jazz Bass comes in a 3-Colour Sunburst colour.
      Additional Features
      This bass's other authentic features include its urethane-finished alder body three-ply black/white/black pickguard (three-ply white/black/white on Black model), new American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups, upper-mounted thumb rest, '70s-style "Fender"-stamped open-gear tuners, vintage-style bridge with single-groove steel "barrel" saddles, four-bolt "F"-stamped neck plate, chrome pickup and "F"-stamped bridge covers with vintage-accurate positioning, and more.
      Features
      Equipped with two American Vintage '74 Single-Coil Jazz Bass pickups for an authentic tone
      Alder body with a 3-colour sunburst finish
      Thicker neck with "U"-shaped profile for added comfort
      Maple and round-laminated rosewood fingerboards with white binding and pearl block inlays
      Specially voiced pickups with period-correct bridge pickup positioning
      Upper-mounted thumb rest for improved comfort
      Vintage-style "Fender"-stamped tuners and neck plate
      Chrome pickup and “F”-stamped bridge covers with period-correct positioning
      Includes Vintage Black hardcase with orange interior
      Real bone nut enhances resonance and sustain
      Specifications
      Body & Bridge:
      Body Shape: Jazz Bass
      Body Material: Alder
      Bridge: American Vintage Single-Groove Steel 'Barrel' Saddles
      Finish: Three Color Sunburst
      Neck & Fingerboard:
      Neck Shape: 'U'-Shape
      Neck Material: Maple
      Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
      Fret size: Vintage-Style
      Radius: 7.25"
      Scale Length: 34"
      String Nut: Bone
      Nut Width: 1.475"
      Inlays: White Pearloid
      Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
      Electronics & Hardware:
      Bridge Pickup: American Vintage Single-Coil '74 Jazz Bass
      Middle Pickup: American Vintage Single-Coil '74 Jazz Bass
      Controls:Volume 1 (Neck Pickup), Volume 2 (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
      Control Knobs: Black Plastic
      Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
      Tuning Machines: American Vintage '70s Fender Stamped Open-Gear
      Strings: Fender USA 7250M, NPS, (.045, .065, .085, .105 Guages)
      Pickup and Bridge Covers: Mounted Chrome with Vintage Accurate Positioning

• By Baloney Balderdash
      Is a cheap, lightweight, minimum 200W, powered, full range, flat response cab, with a flat response at max. 50Hz, and ideally with some kind of control over the high frequency tweeter as well, too much to ask for?
      I would think yes, by far most likely, but I am open for suggestions of something that at least somewhat approximates that.
    • By Rollo
      For sale/For Trade a beautiful MTD 535-21 from 1995, very good shape, lightweight (3.7kg) and very rare with this woods configuration.
      It's a bass from second year of the MTD's production (finished in December 1995), delivered with original brown hardcase and Mike's letter.
      Its weight is really surprising for a 5 string and it is very balanced. The sound is filled with growl and presence, lots of low-mids and a really strong character.
      This is according to Tobias, the sound he had in mind when he thought about the evolution he wanted to make by launching this new brand in the early 90s.

Here are specifications :
      Body : Korina, lightweight whith a wonderlful golden color
      Neck : Wenge, quartersawn, one piece, 4 screws bolt-on with asymetric profile
      Fingerboard : One piece of Wenge
      Scale : 35"
      Frets : 21 + 1 frets silver/nickel in perfect shape
      Headstock : 2 + 3 with Wenge veneer
      Nut : Bone
      Pickups : Originals MTD/Bartolini, inverted P pickups
      Preamp : Original MTD/Bartolini, works with two battery, +/-9v configuration
      Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Mids/Treble + Mediums frequencies switch 250/400/800 Hz
      Tunes : Originals Gotoh GB707
      Bridge : Original Wilkinson in perfect condition
      Strings Spacing at Bridge : 19mm
      Strings Spacing at Nut : 9mm
      Knobs : MTD
      Hardware color : Black
      Trussrod : One working and perfect set up rod
      Land of Craftsmanship : Handmade in USA
      Weight : 3.7kg

This bass is very easy to play and the weight is super nice when you are standing. The bass has a few strokes and a few marks, but nothing bad for a bass of this age.
      It’s an instrument that has been played and that resonates wonderfully. The sound is typical MTD, with snap and an unbeatable slap sound. The woods used really offer a very ample and imposing sound, with a very good definition and a really important presence in a mix.

You can see pictures in full HD here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18LL6pQFNSi13FkmicCoRCf_hwKYAFCxp?usp=sharing
      And listen a lots of soundclips here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lENbaYYXVDuhg6jlYJiZX5azU6uf8fj3?usp=sharing
      Don’t hesitate if you want additional photos or soundclips.

For exchanges I am quite open, I am interested in fretted or fretless basses, from 4 to 6 strings.
      Rather looking for a Fbass, Leduc, Ken Smith, or whatever...
      Submit !

For information :
      Price new in 1995: $ 3500 + $ 300 (Wenge neck and fingerboard) + $ 300 (Korina body) + $ 140 (Hardcase) = $ 4240 or current $ 7240 with dollar inflation
      Current new price: $ 5,200 + $ 500 (Wenge neck and fingerboard) + $ 300 (Korina body) + $ 450 (Hardcase) = $ 6,450

3200£ is for average trade value.
      For straight sale, price is negociable.

Bomb-proof shipping OK

• By basstone
      Marshall 200 Dynamic bass system combo, Completely refurnished to better than new condition, recovered with black satin Tuffcoat paint, new corners and all metal handles. Originally a 4 x 10 but the speaker has been upgraded to a Celestion 1525 15" driver which works well in this rear ported cab. The original crossover and piezo treble horn have been retained with the rear panel horn volume control. Great sounding solid amp featuring mixable solid state and warm valve preamp, graphic eq and built in compression. The amp is rated at 200W but the power amp design allows 400W peak output which should be adequate for most situations.