Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Warwick Rockbass Vampyre
£270
Tamworth

Nibody

Having just had the results of an xray on my shoulder showing quite bad degeneration and osteoarthritis I have to part company with the heaviest and least used of my basses (I pretty much solidly play 5 strings now). I'm pretty gutted at the thought of selling it as it genuinely is a close runner for favourite of the ones I currently own.

The previous owner replaced the stock Warwick "Fender high mass style" bridge with a Gotoh J510BO-4 as the original Warwick one was showing signs of tail-lift.

I fitted it with Gotoh GB7 tuners (the Warwick ones didnt seem brilliant) and Hipshot GB7 Extender/detuner. (have a spare GB7 if the detuner isnt your thing)

I also put a Matte black vinyl wrap with the Warwick "W" logo on the headstock as the original "Rockbass by Warwick" one looked ugly as hell - I believe the original is still under the wrap if you wanted to make it 100% "As stock". Also have the original Warwick branded bridge (complete with bend) that the previous owner included.

There's barely a mark on it that I can see - It has lived in a delux Warwick Rock Bag gig bag since I bought it about 4 years ago.

Soundwise its very versatile despite looking a bit pointy and gothic.

**EDIT**

Would consider interesting Trades, particularly a Gretsch Junior Jet II shortscale bass or Vintage VS100/Ibanez RG350 type 6 strings

v7.jpg

v6.jpg

v5.jpg

v4.jpg

v3.jpg

v2.jpg

v1.jpg

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
topic title reinstated

28 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Can't bear the thought of you parting with a favourite. Have you considered something like this? 

IMG_20200906_094454.jpg

That was suggested by a friend Chris (Former Bassist for Atom Seed and Bruce Dickinsons Skunkworks). To be honest I really have drifted into five string territory and I have my XS-4 which is incredibly light if I need a 4 any time. Its just not been used since I built the FrankenSpector, and the xray results have just given me a push in the direction of selling it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nibody said:

That was suggested by a friend Chris (Former Bassist for Atom Seed and Bruce Dickinsons Skunkworks). To be honest I really have drifted into five string territory and I have my XS-4 which is incredibly light if I need a 4 any time. Its just not been used since I built the FrankenSpector, and the xray results have just given me a push in the direction of selling it.

Fair enough!