Jellyfish

Double NBD all the way!

Hi all, 

I thought you'd enjoy some pics of two basses that arrived to me from a very loving home :). 

I originally had my eye on the Squier Musicmaster as I'd never owned a short scale before. Apparently only produced for one year in 1997 but please correct me if I'm wrong. All I can say is that I now completely understand why people adore short scale basses. Even without the beautiful thump from the single coil, it's just fantastic to play. It's in good condition considering it's age and it's even got a bit of birdseye in the neck! 

The second bass is a Fender Modern Player Telecaster. They're fairly new (as far as Fenders go) but it's really quite nice. The pickups really standout and they're super versatile. The mudbucker by itself is my favoruite though. 

I may be tempted to sell them at some point but for now, enjoy the pics! 

TUCwze0.jpg

2tX6qqI.jpg

r57iq7g.jpg

BqRN1DZ.jpg

ooTFlnZ.jpg

FFHBdee.jpg

hlSmY1r.jpg

Skqz5hw.jpg

ZF6igxE.jpg

gYI7L7u.jpg

3gpx3GB.jpg

pFMvMCq.jpg

• Like 7

Nice haul! I own a Vista Musicmaster which has quadrupled in value since I got it as my first bass in 2002ish. 

I remember playing one of those tele basses in a shop, pretty sure they used that pickup in a Mustang too. I liked it so much I emailed Fender asking if I could buy, alas no dice. Enjoy mate! 

Edited by BassApprentice

12 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

Nice haul! I own a Vista Musicmaster which has quadrupled in value since I got it as my first bass in 2002ish. 

I remember playing one of those tele basses in a shop, pretty sure they used that pickup in a Mustang too. I liked it so much I emailed Fender asking if I could buy, alas no dice. Enjoy mate! 

Any recommendations for strings? I'm leaning towards trying nylons but I've never played them before. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nige1968
      £799 (ono) delivered in UK only, or pick up from Brighton.
      Through gritted teeth I am selling my Flea Road Worn Jazz Bass. It's a long story, but I ended up buying two Road Worns at the same time, and I prefer the red one. I'd like to keep a stack-knob too, but my bank would disapprove and my wife would leave me.
      Nice dark rosewood board, faded shell pink lacquer, CS64 pups and weighs 4.1kg according to the bathroom scales. Comes in a new-looking Fender gig bag.
      Full disclosure: This is a 2016 bass, but with a (genuine, new) 2020 replacement body purchased from Stratosphere in the US [eBay listing here].
      It is 100% stock apart from:
      Kiogon solderless loom replacing the original pots and wiring * Genuine Fender brass external earthing strip (purely decorative) Genuine Fender Road Worn strap button on rear of headstock (largely decorative). * Knobs and plate are original, only pots and wiring are changed - shout if you'd like the originals included.
      You probably won't like my wussy light strings and cig-paper action, so allow for that. The neck is straight and the truss works just fine. All the electrical bits work just fine and sound ace.
      Here's the official spec page: https://shop.fender.com/en-GB/electric-basses/jazz-bass/artist-jazz-bass/flea-jazz-bass/0141020356.html
      Ask about any other stuff if you like. I'm open to offers but not silly ones, as I need to recoup some costs.
      More pics:

• By Fianso
      Hi,
      I'm selling my stuning 2012 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V in natural finish.
      The bass is in great condition !
      1100£ 
      Thanks
      So.

My feedbacks :
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/82003-feedback-for-fianso/?tab=comments#comment-784775

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/81979-fianso-great-to-deal-with/?tab=comments#comment-784630

• By elliott_Þórunn
      Squier Jazzmaster Deluxe in perfect condition.

This guitar is brand new, has only been played a couple of times and has no marks or signs of wear.

This model is now discontinued I believe but I have read online that it's basically the same guitar as the Squier J Mascis signature Jazzmaster but in Candy Apple red, with the same satin rosewood neck and P90 style pickups.

A socially distanced outdoor sale is preferred but I do still have the box so if the buyer wants to they can organise a courier collection. 

Please note, the guitar doesn't come with a case.

• By dave84
      A Maiden classic that needs no introduction, played with the Fender Precision American Performer. Up the Irons!

• By johnpaulbass
      Hi, 

tonight I decided to do a little comparison between two great bass preamps. 
      I've received the Trickfish Minnow today and I must say it's an amazing piece of gear.
      The Radial thought remains an impressive preamp too.

The basses used were:
       - Fbass Bn5 ash maple
      - Fender Precision custom shop L series

Please be kind with my playing abilities

Which one did you like the most ?