Why become a member? ×

Hi from Norway

Wiseblood

I picked up the bass again after a 20 year break about a year and a half ago. I am in a band (with a former pro guitarist and our local cantor) and also step in when needed in the local big band and choir. I also support our cantor in church about once a month. So I gig at least once a week, and that has been used as an excuse to buy far more gear than I need:

So far: Sire vintage V7 fretless, Sire P7 and a Sire M7, a Sire M3 waiting for a Sire U5 (short scale PJ) when they get them at Thomann, one Chowny CHB-1, an Ibanez SR306, a Fender CB-60SCE, an old Kasuga Rick-copy from the 70's, a Fender Highway1 2003 with EMG GZR pups, a EBMM Stingray with Lane Poor pups and finally a Maruszczyk Frog 4 with Delano P/H-pickups. I ended up selling the Chowny, the P7 and the Ibanez and sent the the Sire M3 and the Squire mentioned below to a friend so my wife would not kill me. So I have 7 basses at the moment having prepaid for number 8 that will arrive within 6-7 weeks.

After a lot of trial and error on the pedal front with loads of misses (I traded all of those boxes for a Squire PJ with EMG Gzr-pups) I ended up buying a Strymon OB1 compressor and a HX Stomp that ended my GAS for now on the pedal front.

I bought a Fender Rumble 500 and a Fender 2X10 extention cabinet that has served me well.

But now I am gassing for an Aguilar AG700 and a Vanderkley 310 NMT, and I guess that those will arrive at the post office before the summer is over.

Steal a man’s wallet and he’ll be broke for a week. Teach a man to play bass and he’ll be broke for a lifetime!