Why become a member? ×

**Withdrawn** - Precision Fretless USA 1977ish (for good 5 string)

thepurpleblob

Actually... it's lovely and sunny at the moment. Unfortunately, I am at work. Grrrrrr........

[quote name='gareth' post='432229' date='Mar 12 2009, 10:48 AM']Nice bass

If you take more photos with the bass in natural light and without flash, this will produce much better photos - that is if it ever stops raining in Scotland![/quote]

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='432270' date='Mar 12 2009, 11:32 AM']Definitely a minus. Tell you what I'll give you £50 for it. LOL :D

Lovely and sunny in Aberdeen too. :)[/quote]

I was in Aberdeen on Tuesday!! Never been before. Up on the train, 2 hour meeting at the University, back again. Didn't see much :rolleyes:

[quote name='Duarte' post='433223' date='Mar 13 2009, 08:13 AM']Beautiful bass.

Are you at all intersted in 4 string basses?[/quote]

Well, hmmmm, probably not but try me. Much as I like the Precision it's completely wasted on me so I am prepared to listen to reason.

I was a dedicated Precision man until I played my '78 fretless, now I'm a dedicated fretless Precision man. Fretless Precisions can do everything the fretted version can but soooooooo much more besides. I would love that bass, but unless you wanted a Markbass 6x10 cab in exchange, it ain't gonna happen :) .
Alternatively, you could persist with fretless playing a while.....
Good luck
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='433287' date='Mar 13 2009, 09:30 AM']I was a dedicated Precision man until I played my '78 fretless, now I'm a dedicated fretless Precision man. Fretless Precisions can do everything the fretted version can but soooooooo much more besides. I would love that bass, but unless you wanted a Markbass 6x10 cab in exchange, it ain't gonna happen :) .
Alternatively, you could persist with fretless playing a while.....
Good luck
Chris[/quote]

Not wishing to sound like a salesman, but the sound is incredible. Without a doubt the best bass I own. Unfortunately I am terrible on the fretless and honestly can't find or justify the hours it would take to get even acceptable - assuming I could of course :D

To be honest... you might not be to wide of the mark ('scuse pun). My back is wrecked and I'm old, so a good lightweight rig might not be out of the question either. A 6x10 is probably a bit much - it has to go in the back of my X5!! I currently use a 4x10 plus a 2x10 Ashdown ABM setup, but it's getting to the point that I can't safely lift the 4x10 by myself. Middle age - brilliant eh? Invisible to women under 40 and can't lift a bloody bass cab :rolleyes:

It's very light for a 6x10 (34kg). It's very easy for an oldie like me to move around on my own (I've actually carried it in one hand - albeit leaning slightly - with head and bass in the other). The problem I have now is that the stairs in our new place are stupidly steep and narrow so I have no real choice but to let it go, much as the band would like me to keep it. Would be happy to talk more if you want to?
Chris
PS link to Markbass spec at [url="http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua=it&cat=2&vedi=26"]http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua...t=2&vedi=26[/url]

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='434841' date='Mar 14 2009, 08:05 PM']Cheeky Saturday night bump :)

I had some offers which I'm pondering but anybody else interested. Something nice with 5 strings (preferably wide spacing) but try me with whatever you fancy. You never know.[/quote]

I'll take that as a 'no' then....

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='432272' date='Mar 12 2009, 11:34 AM']I was in Aberdeen on Tuesday!! Never been before. Up on the train, 2 hour meeting at the University, back again. Didn't see much :)[/quote]

Might be stating the obvious but if you ever have a need to be in the grey toon again, give us a shout. Beer will be quaffed and crap about basses spoken!

[quote name='Beedster' post='434989' date='Mar 15 2009, 01:19 AM']I'll take that as a 'no' then....[/quote]

Oooh.. I'd forgotten about you!!! (Old age, memory etc.). Mmmm.... I don't think it would help - the whole cabs vs. weight and size thing is a big pain. I should probably have spent more time when I bought the Ashdown gear. I love the sound but the weight and bulk is a bit of a hassle. The MarkBass is actually lighter than the Ashdown 4x10... but not much and (obviously) it's bigger in every direction. Everything's "compact" these days!

Edited by thepurpleblob

[quote name='neepheid' post='435012' date='Mar 15 2009, 02:40 AM']Might be stating the obvious but if you ever have a need to be in the grey toon again, give us a shout. Beer will be quaffed and crap about basses spoken![/quote]

Noted...... checking your blog reveals that you are even more bitter and twisted than me so it was obviously a lost opportunity to put the world to rights!!!

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='431912' date='Mar 11 2009, 09:08 PM']Strictly no Jazzes or copies thereof with two volume knobs (who'se stupid idea was that?),[/quote]
Some bloke called Leo I think.

Nice bass you have. We might even have a possible trade going on, since I've got a Status Eclipse Ltd, 5 string, fretted, with pickup blend and one vol. It's not getting much use here and the value is pretty much the same as your precision I think. Link to pics in my sig.

Andy

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='438642' date='Mar 18 2009, 08:37 PM']Some bloke called Leo I think.

Nice bass you have. We might even have a possible trade going on, since I've got a Status Eclipse Ltd, 5 string, fretted, with pickup blend and one vol. It's not getting much use here and the value is pretty much the same as your precision I think. Link to pics in my sig.

Andy[/quote]

I was on the verge of doing a deal for a G&L with another damn southerner subject to actually getting there. Mmmm.... might have to put you both in a room and slug it out :) Those chrome pickups are very kitch but other than that looks interesting. What is the string spacing at the bridge and do you have any photos of all of it (the pointy end too).