Why become a member? ×

Ibanez BTB846V

Mr Bassman

After longing for one of these beauties for a few months I finally got one. On the day it was delivered I became ill and hardly touched it for the first two weeks.

Most BTB's are 35" scale, I wanted something shorter for playing chords, this is 33". It's very comfortable to play seated, seems ok standing and balances well.

The strings are D'Addario NYXL and are a bit too bright for my liking. Can anyone recommend something warmer sounding that would fit?

The picture doesn't do it justice, it's much nicer.

571528234_IMG_04813.thumb.JPG.7bf0f17a0063c46f3eedb1cb4040f39e.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BassApprentice said:

Here to advocate La Bella White Nylons. I've got the Copper which are quite warm but the White are brighter, bonus is no finger noise and they come in standard and medium scale. 

This is a good shout. I have a clip of the coppers here if you want to hear them.

On 18/05/2020 at 00:07, therealting said:

Elixir nickels?

Thanks, just ordered an Elixir C string to try. They don't come in a set and the C string is the worst offender, although if I like the C I'll probably get the other 5.

On 18/05/2020 at 09:27, BassApprentice said:

Here to advocate La Bella White Nylons. I've got the Copper which are quite warm but the White are brighter, bonus is no finger noise and they come in standard and medium scale. 

I'm a big fan of La Bella nylons, I have a spare 4 string set somewhere

but they might be to thick for the nut.