Why become a member? ×

id like your opinions on my band

jimijimmi

Well performed, good songs, but a bit derivative. Great singer, but not to my taste, sounds too much like Chris Cornell for me.

It's very good and there's a big market for you out there. It's ok getting signed but you have to have longevity and keep your market growing. It's a crowded market though so I reckon, based on hearing those three numbers, you need a non-contrived uniqueness to what you do. Could be sounds, signature note combinations, rhythms, christ knows. But you can't contrive it, it has to happen naturally and sound like magic.

Good luck, it's cool. Hope I don't sound too critical :)

[quote name='silddx' post='426529' date='Mar 5 2009, 06:03 PM']Well performed, good songs, but a bit derivative. Great singer, but not to my taste, sounds too much like Chris Cornell for me.[/quote]
+1

love your bass tone though, what are you using?

I really like this! Nicely written, nicely recorded just generally nice! Nice like a big fat nice thing!

Seriously though, good luck to you guys. I got really fed up of the "originals band" thing a while ago but to be fair none of the bands I was in sounded as good as this lol! Jazz and funk are my mistresses now though, I don't really miss playing rock but I still lurve listening to it!

Ad

Cheers for the honest feedback guys..appreciate it...

on the track Pray i used a 64 pbass with maple neck through a line 6 bass pod rack...
on memory i used one of my Lakland 44-02 deluxe's again through the pod..
and finally on price i pay i used my white lakland Dj4 as its got the hipshot d-tuner peg on it..again through the pod...

i dont like using amps in the studio..not for the bass...i dont think its needed...only my opinion tho!

In some senses I'm inclined to agree with you. A lot of the stuff I've done in the studio was through a DBX 386 mic preamp straight into the desk, one of the nicest studio tones I've ever had! I've also used an ART Nightbass which is a really cool piece of kit but a bit fancy if you just want a bog standard bass tone. Most of the magic of a bass tone is done in the eq when the engineer is mixing down if you ask me.

yeah,i always think its best to lay the bass track down flat,then mix it in the final mix..if youve got some punchy bass that doesnt sit too well in the final mix,there is only so much you can do with eq if youve used an amp..where as these pod things you can do whatever..
i love using them live too..saves lugging an ampeg about too!