Why become a member? ×

Cowboy Bebop

AdamWoodBass

Does anyone know this show? I was introduced to the soundtrack at a jazz jam a couple of weeks ago. Seriously if you're into really good playing you need to check this out! The band are just fantastic, they cover all different kinds of genres with (I'm led to believe) a set of very fine but relatively unknown New York Session players. A youtube search for "Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack" should bring up loads of the stuff, I think there's about 4 albums. Some of these tunes are now firmly lodged in my head and probably will be for a while, sooooooo catchy!

Cheers

Ad :)

OldGit:

I'm not sure if "Seatbelts" are one of the bands or just a band doing covers, I was wondering the same thing. According to the drummer who got me into it the band are a bunch of unheard of New York players, whether or not thats accurate I don't know.

Shockwave:

I've only watched one episode so I've not made my mind up whether I like it yet, I'll give it a few more and see how she goes!

I know of it from anime circles but have never watched more than snippits (Missed it when Bravo/Sci Fi channels were showing anime back in the day).

The show itself gets glowing reviews from nearly everyone who watches it, and it's generally a staple in most anime fans dvd collections going by what I've seen.

The Cowboy Bebop series was my introduction into anime. Highly recommended, and the music hits you from the start with its amazing title sequence, and continues through 26 episodes or so. Written by Yoko Kanno and played, so I thought, by her and her Japanese group.

[quote name='bootleg' post='425095' date='Mar 4 2009, 02:16 PM']The Cowboy Bebop series was my introduction into anime. Highly recommended, and the music hits you from the start with its amazing title sequence, and continues through 26 episodes or so. Written by Yoko Kanno and played, so I thought, by her and her Japanese group.[/quote]

Yoko Kanno also sung and produced on the Macross Plus soundtrack, She has an amazing voice. The best soundtrack to the best ever film :)

I own the Cowboy Bebop 4+1 CD boxed set which includes a booklet with photos and names of the musicians from the Seatbelts live set that is on one of the discs. With the exception of 4 of the vocalists they are most definitely Japanese.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='425122' date='Mar 4 2009, 02:44 PM']Yoko Kanno also sung and produced on the Macross Plus soundtrack, She has an amazing voice. The best soundtrack to the best ever film :)[/quote]

Information High is a stunning track! I think the others work best in the context of the film though - especially the Sharon Apple concert sequence.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='425294' date='Mar 4 2009, 04:59 PM']I own the Cowboy Bebop 4+1 CD boxed set which includes a booklet with photos and names of the musicians from the Seatbelts live set that is on one of the discs. With the exception of 4 of the vocalists they are most definitely Japanese.

Information High is a stunning track! I think the others work best in the context of the film though - especially the Sharon Apple concert sequence.[/quote]

Information High is my fave track! Its a stunning peice of electronic music. Cant believe they didnt put it on the first two soundtrack CD's and had to be left til the Sharon apple mini album to be put on a CD.

However Yokko didnt sing on Information High, It was Melodie Sexton.

For the unwitting. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMczRJh_OeI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMczRJh_OeI[/url]

Rob.

Ps honourary mention goes the for the song "Pulse", if you like Enigma or Enya or anything chillout. Then this song is for you!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thdb0hDjcrA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thdb0hDjcrA...feature=related[/url]

Edited by Shockwave