Why become a member? ×

ACG S-type Recurve 6

steve

[quote name='steve' post='650549' date='Nov 10 2009, 12:36 PM']Yeah, it looks that way, altho' I'm waiting for my fingerboard to come back from having some inlays done, and Alan is also looking into fitting a piezo bridge and hexpander, so I'm not sure if that will set my eta back a bit[/quote]

Piezo and Hexpander?
Wow Steve, that's gonna be one hell of a versatile bass!

What are you doing inlay-wise?

Eude

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='650566' date='Nov 10 2009, 12:51 PM']I read that as

It just gets better from heroin in :)

Hehe

Great progress Steve, exciting isn't it.[/quote]

Is that all research for the Social Work matey? :rolleyes:

Eude

[quote name='GreeneKing' date='Nov 10 2009, 12:51 PM' post='650566']
I read that as

It just gets better from heroin in :)

Hehe

I was watching footie on the tv at the weekend, and on one of Chelea's illuminated Advertizment hoardings it flashed "see the first team train......" My mate, who has no interest in football whatsoever, jumped up and shouted "Where? Where can you see that?". After he calmed down though, he told me that he had misread the message as "SEE THE FIRST STEAM TRAIN"!!!!

Cheers,

Bob

[quote name='eude' post='650571' date='Nov 10 2009, 12:53 PM']Is that all research for the Social Work matey? :rolleyes:

Eude[/quote]

Tis true though, life really does get better with a bit of heroin in, ask any user :)

Yes it's illegal, can kill you, addictive and doesn't solve problems only creates them but it works in the short term, allegedly.

That's why folk use it.

OMG, I turn my back for five minutes and my build thread gets hijacked by people advocating hard drugs... hmmmm that might actually be rock n roll :)

[quote name='eude' post='650562' date='Nov 10 2009, 12:46 PM']Piezo and Hexpander?
Wow Steve, that's gonna be one hell of a versatile bass!

What are you doing inlay-wise?

Eude[/quote]

Yeah, I've just fitted a GK3-B to my trb, and I have a Roland guitar synth incoming, so I'm thinking it would be nice to have the midi capabilities without all the pickup gubbins on the outside spoiling the lines. It's not 100% definate yet tho'.

The inlays are narrow blocks of camphor (same as the top) instead of side dot markers that will extend along the top of the fingerboard to under the B string if that makes any sense

[quote name='steve' post='650781' date='Nov 10 2009, 04:11 PM']OMG, I turn my back for five minutes and my build thread gets hijacked by people advocating hard drugs... hmmmm that might actually be rock n roll :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've just fitted a GK3-B to my trb, and I have a Roland guitar synth incoming, so I'm thinking it would be nice to have the midi capabilities without all the pickup gubbins on the outside spoiling the lines. It's not 100% definate yet tho'.

The inlays are narrow blocks of camphor (same as the top) instead of side dot markers that will extend along the top of the fingerboard to under the B string if that makes any sense[/quote]

Wow, those inlays sound cool, very unique :)

Sorry about the drugs, I blame Peter :lol:

Eude

[quote name='eude' post='650805' date='Nov 10 2009, 04:34 PM']Wow, those inlays sound cool, very unique :)

Sorry about the drugs, I blame Peter :lol:

Eude[/quote]

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='650854' date='Nov 10 2009, 05:26 PM']Okay I'll fess up :lol:[/quote]

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Another update pic from Alan (actually sent last week, forgot to update the thread :) ), not as dramatic as the fb pics on the last update, but the next job is fitting the neck which is a huuuuuuge leap formard IMHO

[attachment=40486:back_03.jpg]

The control cavity is a different shade because it had just been sanded prior to the pic being taken

[quote name='peted' post='717448' date='Jan 19 2010, 06:28 AM']Very nice indeed. I bet you can't wait![/quote]

[quote name='eude' post='717495' date='Jan 19 2010, 09:03 AM']Nice one Steve!
Can you contain your excitement? :)
It's going to be a beauty.

Eude[/quote]

Yeah, really looking forward to getting my hands on it now, I think I'll be booking a couple of days off work when it's ready and locking myself away in the shed

[quote name='steve' post='719812' date='Jan 21 2010, 09:10 AM']another pre-neck fitting update - the headstock is completed, I love these frequent updates :)

[attachment=40699:IMG_4293.jpg][/quote]

Hot Damn Steve!
You do know I'm probably going to eat that fingerboard if I ever see it in the flesh - it looks like marbled chocolate cake!

Can't wait to see the bass when it's complete :rolleyes:

Eude

[quote name='eude' post='719821' date='Jan 21 2010, 09:16 AM']Hot Damn Steve!
You do know I'm probably going to eat that fingerboard if I ever see it in the flesh - it looks like marbled chocolate cake!

Can't wait to see the bass when it's complete :)

Eude[/quote]

haha, I'll have to make sure I have a slab of the real stuff to divert you. It'll be great when it's finished, I don't know how I'll fit work around playing it tho

[quote name='Veils' post='719873' date='Jan 21 2010, 10:13 AM']That board is an absolute beauty![/quote]

Isn't it, I've always liked pale moon ebony. Sits really well with the camphor too even if I do say so myself

• 1 month later...

Another update from Alan, I'm really chuffed with how it's turning out, I had a rough mental image, but it didn't do the real thing justice, even at this stage
[attachment=44229:IMG_4423.jpg]
[attachment=44230:IMG_4424.jpg]