Why become a member? ×

For sale 90's Ampeg SVT3PRO Price reduced now £375 ono

symcbass

90's American made SVT3PRO.
Bought by me new from Sound Control Otago Street Glasgow, many years ago now, flightcased ever since, amazing A1 condition.
Only ever used for upright bass. Tubes changed middle of 2007.
Never had any issues whatsoever with this head, It has always been 100% reliable.
Buying a bigger rig, wish I could keep this, It sounds so much better than the new ones, but can't justify It.
Any test/inspection welcome. A1 condition.
Welcome to try out, cabs here at home to try out with your bass..
Would prefer local sale, I'm near Glasgow.
Looking for £375 ono as I need to raise funds quickly to pay for my new EA rig.
Sale is for Amp only, does not include rack case.

Edited by symcbass

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='symcbass' post='529859' date='Jul 1 2009, 07:02 PM']Bump
£425 for the amp, need to keep the case.
Afraid I won't be shipping It due to a recent shipping disaster putting me off!
Near to Glasgow If anyone wants to try It out.[/quote]

Very Interested, do you ever head south? I live in Worcester (Midlands) so it's a long drive..
Also is it 450 watts - is that not enough? we play small clubs big pubs with a LOUD drummer (not through PA)

Ta
Dave

[quote name='symcbass' post='417939' date='Feb 23 2009, 11:19 PM']....Played through It again tonight, man I wish this thing just had more volume....[/quote]
What cab do you use? I put my SVT 3 through my Epifani 4x10 and it's very loud and if I add the Boogie 115 it keeps up in the loudest band. If you like the amp maybe you need a better, more sensitive cab?

Edited by chris_b

I've just found with upright, I needed more power for our loud gigs.
Currently using an Iamp800, this does the job with the upright.
I've used an Aggy db410, Trace 410, Ampeg 410 now using a GS 412, loud yes, but the Iamp just does the louder upright job better.
Sorry man, don't get down South much.

Great piece of kit...Wish I had £400 spare and was close to Glasgow :sigh:

Have a [b]BUMP[/b] on me: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ampeg-SVT3PRO-bass-amp-head_W0QQitemZ260441296679QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ampeg-SVT3PRO-bass-a...ViewItemQQptZUK[/url]

Didn't sell on Ebay although there were 12 watchers, and loads of questions regarding It.
Have I overpriced this? What do you guys think? or Is everyone just skint like me?
Seriously need to shift this quick, selling off other stuff too, to keep the peace in the house.
Someone make me a sensible offer please,and It's yours. Pickup prefered.
Cheers.

[quote name='symcbass' post='537164' date='Jul 10 2009, 12:49 PM']Didn't sell on Ebay although there were 12 watchers, and loads of questions regarding It.
Have I overpriced this? What do you guys think? or Is everyone just skint like me?
Seriously need to shift this quick, selling off other stuff too, to keep the peace in the house.
Someone make me a sensible offer please,and It's yours. Pickup prefered.
Cheers.[/quote]

Hey

How much did you want? £375?

Im not sure whether this is the right price or not. I know the new models that are not made in the USA are almost double this, but you might have to drop the price a little. Unfortunately its a bad time to sell gear; there are some very good bargains in the for sale section that still haven't shifted. The economic situation has meant everything is selling dirt cheap.

Keep it up and lower the price maybe :) It'll eventually find a home.

I will add this amp looks like its been very looked after. Im shocked a USA bit of kit like this hasn't shifted. I also struggled to sell Ampeg gear.

Edited by Musicman20

I'd take a decent offer for It just now. It's in A1 condition, looked after very well from day 1, and US made. I thought It would sell no probs, after seeing others sell for the same price on here. Some places are looking for nearly a grand for this now.... and They are Vietnam made. A shop in Glagow was looking for £600 for a used one early in the year, and that was a newer one......................
I'll just need keep It on. As I said I'll take a decent offer, or an interesting trade.
SSSSSKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTT