Why become a member? ×

MTD Z5 Transluscent Cherry with Maple Board TRADED

P-T-P

NOW TRADED... pending the usual

Bought this a couple of weeks back off eBay and as you can see from the pics, it's a beauty.

[attachment=20660:mtd_01.JPG] [attachment=20661:mtd_02.JPG]

[attachment=20662:mtd_03.JPG] [attachment=20663:mtd_04.JPG]

[attachment=20664:mtd_05.JPG] [attachment=20665:mtd_06.JPG]

[attachment=20666:mtd_07.JPG]

Specs are...

- 35" scale
- 24 medium jumbo frets
- Zero fret 1-3/4" wide, 5-string
- One-piece neck with satin polyester finish
- Carved Mahogany body with Maple Burl top
- MTD quick release bridge, 3/4" (19mm) spacing
- Double-action truss rod
- Neck Options: Maple
- Five controls:volume, blend, plus 3 band EQ
- MTD active, wood covered soap bar pickups
- Shielded electronics compartment
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System

I love a lot of things about this bass. The whole design of it is great, from the finish to the asymmetrical neck shape and the fact that it's one of the lightest basses I've ever owned, but it's just not working for me tonally.

If I was playing in a rock/funk band, this would be perfect for me as it has a very in your face, uber-jazz-bass kinda tone to it. It's incredibly rewarding for slap bass and that dug-in type finger style but I don't really get to play that way in my current band so this bass doesn't really have anywhere to fit in for me other than as a toy for home amusement and I need something that I can use at gigs so I'm putting it up here to see if there's any interest.

It is in almost perfect condition with one scratch on the edge near the strap button - i.e. completely unseen when playing - and comes with a nice Gator case.

It cost me £730 once delivery was taken into account and I'd like to get as much of that back as I can.

Obviously a sale would be great, but trades/part-ex welcome too - Laklands, Fenders, Status etc. Have a hankering for a Buzzard for some reason. Drop me a PM and see where we go.

Edited by P-T-P

[quote name='molan' post='419692' date='Feb 25 2009, 10:50 PM']I think I was bidding against you at an early stage of the EBay auction ;)

Lovely looking MTD :P[/quote]

Maybe, I used Buy it Now, can't recall if there were any bids at the time.