Why become a member? ×

Precision / Jazz hybrid

simon1964

I bought this some years ago as a standard Mexican Precision - but its been so modified over the years that now only the body is original!

The body is a sunburst Fender Mexican Precision, which is about 7 or 8 years old. The neck is from a brand new Squier Classic Vibe Jazz - only bought this week (see below!). Pickup is a Basslines Quarterpounder, and the bridge is a Gotoh 201.

Edit - just realised I also fitted non-standard knobs on this. They're black chrome with abalone inlay on the top. The second picture shows it reasonably well. Understated, but classy IMO!

By way of background, I bought this as a bog standard Precision about 4 years ago. I fitted the Quarterpounder and the Gotoh bridge pretty much straight away. A couple of years ago I fitted a Mighty Mite fretless neck. I'd been thinking that I would like to fit the fretless neck to a jazz body, and recently saw a Squier Classic Vibe Jazz in a local store, was blown away by the quality for the price and bought it. I've now fitted the fretless neck to the Jazz, and switched the Squier Jazz neck to the Precision body giving the hybrid for sale here - hope that all makes sense!

The body does have a ding on the side (see pics) and one or two very minor surface marks. The neck is perfect, and virtually unplayed. I have to say this is a fantastic neck. I've owned Mexican and US Jazzes, and this blows the Mexican neck out of the water, and is not far off the US neck.

In the pictures there are a couple of pick guard screws missing - they'll be replaced before the sale. There are also holes where ashtray pickup and bridge covers were fitted at some time (but, of course, there would be on a Vintage P!)

Looking for £225. PRICE DROP TO £200

[attachment=20512:precision_014.JPG]

[attachment=20513:precision_015.JPG]

[attachment=20514:precision_016.JPG]

[attachment=20515:precision_017.JPG]

Edited by simon1964