Hi guys & girls :party:

I'm a wee bit embarrassed to say that I'm actually selling an electric GUITAR!!... :swoon:(oh, the shame!)

It's a Fender Telecaster signature John 5 model, MIM with the rosewood fingerboard, chrome pick-guard, three-way blade pickup selector switch, enforcer humbucker bridge pickup and Fender Telecaster “Twisted" single coil neck pickup.  Controls are volume: neck pickup, volume: bridge pickup.

IMG_20190421_124951.thumb.jpg.9ec9e78fe1637d5261267954fcbd0860.jpg

It's an incredibly versatile guitar, as you might expect of an instrument made to the preferences and specifications of Mr Lowery, himself...

In case you're wondering, who exactly this John 5 “man" is...

Screenshot_20200330-110246.png.65c20bcf5a08ef1550a937d54d5f31a6.png

No, No!.. Not him...

Screenshot_20200330-110717.png.4d6f1eb87eae6bcc143c9699714aacdb.png

WHOA!!!  SCARY!...

Screenshot_20200330-111042.png.6eedce4420ecd4309e22b07eb2591fb1.png

Yikes!  Scarier...

Screenshot_20200330-111456.png.b18d2b306edfda304391842c7cfb3be9.png

AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Anyway, he's an American guitarist who used to perform with David Le Roth and, of course, Marilyn Manson... (ah... That's why he looks that way... 9_9

He's also played with such names as Rob Zombie, Meatloaf and Lynyrd Skynyrd :o 

...not to mention him having a pretty extensive solo career...

I reckon the most unique and “eye-catching" feature, (not literally, unless you were to have a rather unfortunate “guitar spin" accident), is the guitar's three-on-a-side headstock...

IMG_20190421_124858.thumb.jpg.8c7093b0eee15b676252755053d34fa8.jpg

...which makes for an incredibly individual and “most excellent" Telecaster!!

IMG_20190421_124735.thumb.jpg.51ed9afff1b9822b2ef84d5e77991d22.jpg

tumblr_mtev6gHAhP1sows66o1_500.gif

EXCELLENT!!!!!

The Fender J5 has a modern ‘C' shaped, maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard, 22 “Medium Jumbo" frets (whatever that means)... A synthetic-bone nut, matching black headstock and dot inlays.

The body is made from ash wood finished in gloss black with white borders and a particularly fetching chrome/mirrored pick-guard.

Electronics and hardware include the “twisted" single coil telecaster neck pickup and the “enforcer" humbucking bridge pickup, two volume controls (one to control neck pickup volume, one to control bridge pickup volume) and a three way pickup selector switch (bridge pickup, neck pickup & both pickups simultaneously).  

Needless to say this is an extremely versatile and very attractive looking Fender Telecaster and one that is growing increasingly sought after.

The instrument is in all round fantastic condition, there is marking to the chrome scratch guard (can be seen in second picture below) and a slight, faint mark toward the bottom of the body which does not show in the pictures.  More pictures can be provided if interested...

I am happy to post the Guitar or part-meet for fuel cost.  Collection is also very welcome.

Any questions, please PM...

Here's some more pics of the FENDER JOHN 5 TELECASTER.......

IMG_20190421_124845.thumb.jpg.a7d1b2e25937e0f5c88029ae651ad571.jpgIMG_20190421_124924.thumb.jpg.8c0190a350f5a4ea5be048851e59ce3c.jpgIMG_20190421_124735.thumb.jpg.20b4ed38bb86f3578df05df572753afe.jpgIMG_20190421_125012.thumb.jpg.9626a382512f672fb7a0334010825ea3.jpgIMG_20190421_125052.thumb.jpg.8fcc5d75bdecc42b3794eafad4ea6c0e.jpgIMG_20190421_125101.thumb.jpg.90756b07dfae869af227aa01e89c86c8.jpgIMG_20190421_124742.thumb.jpg.4fcadc2d4ff29e60df86ba83739e54b0.jpgIMG_20190421_124735.thumb.jpg.20b4ed38bb86f3578df05df572753afe.jpg

Includes padded gig case... :i-m_so_happy:

• Like 1

I was with you right up to the headstock reveal.

Not. Good.

• Haha 2

John 5 is a hella player!! 

do NOT like that headstock though.

• Confused 1

I've got the Squier version with the normal Tele headstock and 2 humbuckers. Absolutely wicked little thing.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By matbard
      G&L L-2000 1984 made in Fullerton, California.
      Serial number B014299, swamp ash body and "bi-cut" maple neck with 1 3/4" nut and 7.25" radius (like a good P-Bass); powder-coated aluminum “black crinkle” hardware (only present until 1988). NOS item, with no signs whatsoever. Perfect tuners, perfect original electronics, truss rod absolutely in working order and with plenty of adjustment space. Original G&G hard case included.
      Weight: exactly 4 Kg.
      True classic of the late Leo Fender!
      Please, no trades!

Shipment to be paid by the buyer.
      You will not find another one in these conditions!

• By Storky
      This model is finished in Olympic White and has a cool contrasting Black pickguard. I purchased it new last year and have only had chance to gig it a few times before lockdown. Consequently it is in first class, near new condition with no scratches or dings. Comes complete with its original Fender gig bag.
      Fender says:A slim and playable maple neck has a C-profile and a Pau Ferro fingerboard with a contemporary 12” radius which allows the player creative freedom and maximum expression as they construct their basslines.
      Two Vintage voiced Noiseless single coil pickups deliver a preferred tone with no background hum. Active electronics give you a powerful onboard 3 band EQ for shaping your sound as you play. The active circuit can be turned off completely via a mini toggle switch: this gives you even more sounds at your fingertips!
      This is a great chance to get a bass in near new condition for significantly less than the new price. (New cost at Guitarguitar £899).

• By cetera
      A big potential purchase has come up and sadly I need to move on a couple of basses to help pay for it.
      UPDATE: This was £225 + courier...... Now JUST £210 o.n.o. INC courier! Need to move this on....!
      So, as a result, and using the last in/first out rule.... here is my gorgeous Archer KS3 Kasim Sulton Signature Bass. Not a lot of these around.... but a lovely feeling/playing instrument - lightweight with classic offset Jazz meets Spector/Tune/Bass Collection style looks....
      More pics available on request.
      Here's the official blurb:
      For over 30 years bassist/singer-songwriter Kasim Sulton has worked with artists as diverse as Todd Rundgren, Blue Öyster Cult, The New Cars, Meat Loaf, Joan Jett, Utopia, Celine Dion, Bon Jovi and Hall & Oates. He also played in the musical "Movin' Out on Broadway", Mike Portnoy's "Blue Matter Custard" and has his own increasingly successful solo career. The new Kasim Sulton Signature K S3 Archer Bass is a visually stunning and truly unique sounding instrument, equipped with a P-Bass/J-Bass pickup configuration and a bridge design built to Kasim's own specifications.
      This newly updated model features updated precision bridge adjustments, which provide a newly improved fretboard action for ease of playability on the road and in the studio. Overall, the K S3 Bass provides a rich, full-bodied tone and sustain. If you want great performance, undeniable style and affordability, look no further than the new v3 Kasim Sulton Signature Bass from Archer. "This latest version is the result of a continuing effort to improve the look, feel and technical aspects of my bass. This “Version 3” K Bass represent the positive changes I continue to make during my road tours and studio work. I feel this proactive approach helps to make this instrument what is has evolved into today since its inception of the original model produced 9 years ago. Whether I'm playing with Todd Rundgren, Meat Loaf, Blue Öyster Cult or solo, I rely on my K Bass for the performance I'm looking for in a road and studio-tested quality instrument." - Kasim Sulton
      Specifications:
      Body: Ash Translucent Polyurethane (Black) Finish Neck: Top Grade Canadian Hard Maple Neck: Set Neck Fingerboard: Rosewood Scale: 34” 24 Frets Adjustable Truss Rod 'Kasim Sulton' inlaid signature at 12th fret “K” inlay on headstock Width at Nut: 40mm Custom K Sulton Bridge String Spacing at Bridge: 20mm String-Through Body Bridge Design  Electronics & Hardware Pickups: Custom “PSL” system pickups 2 volume, 2 tone controls The bass is in fantastic (almost mint) condition and comes in a custom shaped semi-solid guitar case (zip broken but can be easily rectified). At almost £700 new this bass is priced to sell at a bargain £225. UPDATE: £210 o.n.o. POSTED!!!
      Payment by cash on collection (from Guildford/Woking area), Paypal (you pay all fees) or direct bank transfer.
      Please see my extensive positive feedback thread for assurance of a clean, honest transaction.

• By leema
      NOW £1120

Brand new Fender American Professional Jazz.
      Bought it new from a store in USA as a moving away/returning to UK present to myself. By the time I got back to Europe, situation has changed and now have to let it go to a new loving owner.
      Comes as/with all you would expect from a brand new bass (including protective plastics, etc.)
      One thing to mention - US border, after inspecting the case, didn't bother to put it back into its packaging, so case ended up with a few scuffs (could be seen in one of the pictures).

Collection from South East London or a possible drop off within M25.

• By BPWalls
      Selling this near to mint condition Fender Jazz Bass American Deluxe FMT V.
      The bass is a beautiful peace of wood, with a lot of built quality and rich sound. 
      All the hardware is gold. Have installed a aguilar obp3 pre amp and a hipshot highmass bridge.
      Send me a message if you need some information. 
      I can send it to all Europe full insured.