Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Osric Tentacles bass

Al Heeley

Can anyone tell me anything about the bassist for Osric Tentacles? I'm a bit of a latent hippie, I just love th3e stuff they come up with but know very little about the band, he nails some very catchy and intricate riffs. There's a sort of understated over-indulgence in a lot of their music, great for long journeys and ipods.

Original and best bassist they had was roly wynne. Sadly he commited suicide a few years back,i love his basslines on velmwind and kick muck. Some of the ozrics stuff is lovely to listen to especially stuff like floating seeds. I think Zia plays bass for them at the moment. If you like there stuff check out steve hillage or gong.

The Ozric Tentacles.....hmmm

I want to like them,but I just cant,it reminds me of horrid smelly timewasting drugged up fuctards,in hemp hoodies,drinking mushroom brew.being angry at the government,when they live in mum and dads BIG house in Torridge valley..Volvo in the drive,Golden retriever or Collie as a pet...public school educated post hippy laughed out of art school,nutwipes who are as much a part of the system as they try to distance themselves from it....Skinning up and claiming 'Glasters with the fence is like all wrong man'.....they finally mutated into trustafarians...post crusties,and also..c**ts.

The music never got anywhere to me,and I just plugged into Joy Division and Killing Joke. (it made the drugs go better)

Most have jobs,and kids,and cut their hair now.....and Parents money have them a house in surburbia....

[quote name='ARGH' post='409592' date='Feb 14 2009, 06:53 PM']The Ozric Tentacles.....hmmm

I want to like them,but I just cant,it reminds me of horrid smelly timewasting drugged up fuctards,in hemp hoodies,drinking mushroom brew.being angry at the government,when they live in mum and dads BIG house in Torridge valley..Volvo in the drive,Golden retriever or Collie as a pet...public school educated post hippy laughed out of art school,nutwipes who are as much a part of the system as they try to distance themselves from it....Skinning up and claiming 'Glasters with the fence is like all wrong man'.....they finally mutated into trustafarians...post crusties,and also..c**ts.

The music never got anywhere to me,and I just plugged into Joy Division and Killing Joke. (it made the drugs go better)

Most have jobs,and kids,and cut their hair now.....and Parents money have them a house in surburbia....[/quote]

No they dont. They live in a communal mill house in wales. Peter hook and friends do actually drive landrovers, and Youth dissapeared up his own overated arsehole years ago. The last time i saw Ed wynne he still had his locks.

Edited by YouMa

[quote name='YouMa' post='409596' date='Feb 14 2009, 05:59 PM']No they dont. They live in a communal mill house in wales. Peter hook and friends do actually drive landrovers, and Youth dissapeared up his own overated arsehole years ago. The last time i saw Ed wynne he still had his locks.[/quote]
I was not talking about The Band...

Just a point in time (94-96)where I came into contact with their 'Fans'..I actually prefer 'Eat Static' to listen to,but its money for teenage Trustifari rebellion,and that didnt interest me...it didnt then,its does not now.

A lot of good young minds got hurt back then.

Edited by ARGH

I had a support slot with them, many hemp moons ago, in fairness to the Ozrics they were utterly fantastic! There's only bits and pieces I actually like, great bass playing, great guitar solo's....then it all gets a bit too ambient for me....but live, they're sh*t hot!

My wife thinks I'm a sad ole git for liking ozric, but I just do. I tend to play it when I'm home alone, as it's a bit of a guilty pleasure in this household.

Loving the bass on ayuredic.

Sure I read that the original bass player had some sort of manic condition, which the other band members thought was was a major influence on his very fast and hectic playing.