Why become a member? ×

Keeping up the Tall Bassist StereoType

mogli66

Hey Everyone. Been on the boards for a while now but just noticed I have never actually written an Introduction.

So Hello to Everyone here.

My name is Mike but I usually get called Mogli (Yeah I know its spelt Mowgli but I wanted to be different) :) by the people who know me. (It was a High School nick name that stuck. Even my Partners parents call me it). :huh:

I am 25 in June and I am a taller bugger. (6'7").

I currently live in Newmains, Scotland. (Near Glasgow). I have played bass for close to 8 years. I have played in numerous different bands. (Metal/ rock bands).

I currently play a 6 string Cort Curbow through a Hartke 3500amp head and 4x10VXA cab. I have other basses which you can see in my sig. ;)

I love all types of music really and love trying to play different styles. Loads of bass heroes too. To many too name.

Any questions ask away.

Mogli :P

Edited by mogli66

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yeah being as tall as I am it does look like tennis racket. lol. I am skinny though so its not as bad as it could be.

I do have a Tanglewood Curbow 4-string and it looks like a kids bass on me! Like stupidly small. lol! :P

6 string looks a bit more normal. ;)

[quote name='mogli66' post='407888' date='Feb 12 2009, 06:44 PM']A few years back with my 4-string when it worked. Good times. ;)

[/quote]
that picture is fantastic, trust you to pick to pick curbows :P

welcome to the forum matey

[quote name='mogli66' post='407003' date='Feb 11 2009, 09:32 PM']Hey Everyone. Been on the boards for a while now but just noticed I have never actually written an Introduction.

So Hello to Everyone here.

My name is Mike but I usually get called Mogli (Yeah I know its spelt Mowgli but I wanted to be different) :huh: by the people who know me. (It was a High School nick name that stuck. Even my Partners parents call me it). :angry:

I am 25 in June and I am a taller bugger. (6'7").

I currently live in Newmains, Scotland. (Near Glasgow). I have played bass for close to 8 years. I have played in numerous different bands. (Metal/ rock bands).

I currently play a 6 string Cort Curbow through a Hartke 3500amp head and 4x10VXA cab. I have other basses which you can see in my sig. ;)

I love all types of music really and love trying to play different styles. Loads of bass heroes too. To many too name.

Any questions ask away.

Mogli :P[/quote]

Wow! I thought I was tall at 6' 4"...... You need to save up and get yerself a Thunderbird mate :)

I used to use Hartke gear..... they are great for the money,

By the way, welcome,

Mart

Hey Guys!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and the other comments. ;)

Yeah trust me to like the Curbow look. Never thought it would look that small on me. lol!

The 6-string is so nice to play though. Thats my baby for sure! Want more basses though but I know my partner will Kill me if I bring anymore into the house! haha! She is gonna kill me anyway as I have hopefully just bought a starter Fretless to see if I like playing Fretless! *Gets Ready for a beating*. haha!

Yeah Hartke are great for the price! Gives me the sound I like.....Would like to upgrade eventually though. Need to gig more though to justify that though. Not sure what I want for that yet though. Needs to be a punchy amp but also good enough so the mids and treble cut through perfect.
Can be very picky about my sound. Maybe its just the guitar players that I play with that makes my sound im[possible to hear. B*stards! :P