Why become a member? ×

GOD.... I LOVE METAL

josh3184

[quote name='geilerbass' post='406417' date='Feb 11 2009, 03:13 PM']If you're not into metal, then you are not my friend.

Right now I've got every Manowar track on shuffle on my Ipod. I can think of few better ways to pass the day.[/quote]

Al that I can say to that is........"fallen brother as I hold closed your side, I fear this wound your last; mighty Earth now doth drink your blood, and I remember days long past.... your sacrifice so great, rest now take they sleep; for you shall not awake, let revenge be sweet...for when we march , your sword rides with me...." etc etc. I love Manowar!!! "Born of Black Wind....Fire.... and STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!" ;)

Edited by 4000

[quote name='ARGH' post='406885' date='Feb 11 2009, 07:57 PM']So Rich...you remember 'Sounds' then

(nerd fact...Angus Young was on the cover of Keerraapp iss:1)[/quote]

I've still got that somewhere....old enough to remember Iron Maiden first performing Running Free on the telly.

[quote name='Eight' post='407017' date='Feb 11 2009, 09:54 PM']Hahahahah.

I meant the REAL Headbangers Ball - with Vanessa Warwick. Not what you youngsters pretend is HBB.

And I have the first issue of Metal Hammer - had given up on Kerrang and along came this new mag that promised proper metal. Happy days. :P[/quote]

I think [i]I[/i] was in Metal Hammer... ;)

[quote name='josh3184' post='409799' date='Feb 14 2009, 10:59 PM']man thats oooooold metal. These days is not metal unless you can't hear what they're screaming into your face and are bleeding on you.[/quote]
To be fair, all these "hXc" bands are just taking DM templates and mixing it up a bit. Change is good.

To be clear, I do listen to "proper" metal- Lamb Of God, Testament, CC, etc and on the weekend I saw Priest and Megadeth! Best gig ever (so far). Seeing Testament+Megadeth tomorrow... I'm having a good life ATM.

Edited by M4L666

[quote name='4000' post='412301' date='Feb 17 2009, 06:17 PM']Al that I can say to that is........"fallen brother as I hold closed your side, I fear this wound your last; mighty Earth now doth drink your blood, and I remember days long past.... your sacrifice so great, rest now take they sleep; for you shall not awake, let revenge be sweet...for when we march , your sword rides with me...." etc etc. I love Manowar!!! "Born of Black Wind....Fire.... and STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!" :P[/quote]

I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about March for Revenge...

They're possibly my favourite band (with the exception of Dream Theater ;)). I got into them just too late to catch them live over here (last time they played was '94, I believe), so I had to travel to Germany to see them in 2005. That happened to be the first Manowar fan convention and involved them playing Battle Hymn with all 8 members, past and present, on stage at the same time. Just incredible...

"Strong winds, magic mist, to Asgard the Valkyries fly.... High over head, they carry the dead, where the blood of my enemy lies..."

I'm seriously considering heading over to Europe this summer to see them again...

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='409465' date='Feb 14 2009, 03:13 PM']Why is he trying to make himself sound like a monster?

Why doesn't he just sing? It's like be reciting poetry like a Pirate.[/quote]

Im sure he contemplated singing in the style of tina turner but thought it wouldn't quite fit.

Edited by agoulding

[quote name='geilerbass' post='412482' date='Feb 17 2009, 09:42 PM']I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about March for Revenge...

They're possibly my favourite band (with the exception of Dream Theater ;)). I got into them just too late to catch them live over here (last time they played was '94, I believe), so I had to travel to Germany to see them in 2005. That happened to be the first Manowar fan convention and involved them playing Battle Hymn with all 8 members, past and present, on stage at the same time. Just incredible...

"Strong winds, magic mist, to Asgard the Valkyries fly.... High over head, they carry the dead, where the blood of my enemy lies..."

I'm seriously considering heading over to Europe this summer to see them again...[/quote]

Blood of My Enemies was the first track I ever heard by them, and it's one of my favourites to this day. When I first saw them (in '84) I went to see how hilariously bad they'd be, having read a couple of interviews....and I came out utterly blown away. That was an immense gig (Manchester Apollo). Battle Hymn has to be just about the most stirring thing I've ever heard, brings tears to my eyes every time. :P

Lucky man having seen them in Germany. I once sent Joey a letter asking about his playing etc ( also in 84; think I'd been playing about 4 years); a year later an audio tape popped through the post of him answering all my questions in some detail and apologising for the delay in answering. Top stuff!