Powerbas

Moollon J-Classic
£1850
Denmark

Moollon J-Classic in Olympic White. It is relic'ed on the body/head and back of the neck. All done by Moollon.
The bass is as when it left the shop.
The bass is like new and in perfect condition.
Very rarely can you find a white jazz moollon. So skip the 1 year wait and grab yourself a worldclass bass.
The only reason I'm selling is I have a Moollon P-classic that I find myself playing all the time. So I'm selling this one and ordering one more Moollon P-classic in a different color. image.gif.6345c46daf88264574e02ced207ee060.gif
The Bass can be shipped and it comes with a moollon case. If you are in Aalborg, Denmark come try the bass - you won't be disappointed !image.gif.6345c46daf88264574e02ced207ee060.gif

82054073_2516565131806301_604213529595084800_n.jpg

82336462_587517872027268_3198911716737941504_n.jpg

83123158_166424664668452_7259385777040130048_n.jpg

82266904_472191246801350_5058934028250382336_n.jpg

82302955_468899327111112_8164343417896173568_n.jpg

82548751_2683786478342442_8679253599471009792_n.jpg

82608810_174655457126574_6949229786115866624_n.jpg

82386833_2589796321277998_4192467557883576320_n.jpg

83069889_503379496982815_6951630101603680256_n.jpg

• Like 8

The only reason this is still here is that enough people just haven't played one yet.... this is a steal.. I have one with one, & on the way. Hands down the best pre cbs tone without selling a kidney. 

1 hour ago, gorandelac said:

I would buy it right away just I have 1966 JB... I wish I could compare them...

I had a 66 and I have a 62 jazz. My Moollon is darker ( less bright harmonics) then my 66 was, a little less output than my 62. It has warmer tones of the pre CBS basses. It's more stable less 'quirky'  than the early fenders. If there was such a thing I would call it a 'recording quality' pre CBS. Its very organic and the feel is really natural. It doesn't smack you in the face and sits in the mix better than any J I have had. It's oddly more like a p than a J in that regard but it has all that J tone. Mine is a 5 so a little different. If I wanted 4 I'd have had this by now. I don't know if this is a 60's or 70s bridge position but for £1850 ..... enough said.

it is 60s, but you also have to know that back then Fender quality control, wood, how were they build was actually stinky poo and by that every JB that I've tried throughout  my years of playing were not that great instruments.

I found my '66 that I really like (personal taste), so I also have Moollon B524, and it's great same vintage vibe 5 string, but comparing bass next to one and another is whole different approach. You can have two jazz basses from same era, and they would feel different and sound different. My choice was mine '66, I had option of getting for almost the same money the '65 JB, but this one was just better. So preCBS, CBS, Japan, there are good and bad instruments, but for Moollon I know for fact they build them so every bass is great. That's why I would like to compare it with my JB

But, thank you for your experience and post! :)

5 hours ago, gorandelac said:

it is 60s, but you also have to know that back then Fender quality control, wood, how were they build was actually stinky poo and by that every JB that I've tried throughout  my years of playing were not that great instruments.

I found my '66 that I really like (personal taste), so I also have Moollon B524, and it's great same vintage vibe 5 string, but comparing bass next to one and another is whole different approach. You can have two jazz basses from same era, and they would feel different and sound different. My choice was mine '66, I had option of getting for almost the same money the '65 JB, but this one was just better. So preCBS, CBS, Japan, there are good and bad instruments, but for Moollon I know for fact they build them so every bass is great. That's why I would like to compare it with my JB

But, thank you for your experience and post! :)

Hi Goran myes noted I know you have the B524. I played on over in YJ's workshop - outstanding instruments. He had on hollow boody left - I was so - tempted.

As for the pre CBS yes its true they are different. My 66 was sweet and aggressove but the neck was not great. I've playes a couple of amazing 66's tho

6 hours ago, Powerbas said:

Hopefully it will be shipped today. Hope you will like it Rob. 

Regards

no doubt I will like it Dennis !  I only need a Classic P next to it ....... 😉

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tobiasthegiant
      Selling my American Deluxe Jazz as it isn't getting as much love as it deserves.
      5 string, noise cancelling N3 pickups, 3 band active EQ with active/passive switch and passive tone control. Comes with Deluxe hard case. Some marks but all cosmetic, neck in excellent condition.
      Collection from Bracknell / Reading area.
      See what there is trades wise.

• By bmi
      Hello
      it is a Ken Lawrence Brase I bass, 6 strings, in perfect condition delivered with its case.
      Of all the basses I have tried, this is the one that by far gave me the most beautiful harmonics, and incredible timbre.
      You can see on YouTube a famous American bassist playing with this instrument, and it is simply magnificent. This is the main reason why I bought it at the time.
      The luthiers who work at Fodera believe that Ken Lawrence is one of the best in their profession, that says it all.
      I sell it to buy a fretless one
      Here is its description:
      KEN LAWRENCE BRASE I – 6 STRINGS
      Top Wood: Cocobolo
      Body: Ash
      Neck: Maple - Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony
      Pickups: Duncan Basslines Soapbars
      Preamp: Duncan 3-band 9v
      Weight: 4.5kg
      Scale length: 890mm / 35'
      String spacing at bridge: 19mm
      Nut width: 53mm
      Preamp: Seymour Duncan active 3-band 9V
      N° de série: 0257.
      Date of manufacture: 18.02.2008
      Transport costs are your responsibility, but I will be happy to meet you if you wish to collect it at my home.
      His price is 3500£ or 3900 Euros.

• By kwmlondon
      SOLD NOW!
      *just dropped the price to £149 including UK delivery*
      I’ve just got m’self a new cab so this one is for sale. The price includes UK courier as with lockdown in place I can’t organise collection. It’s only ever been used at home - bedroom levels - never gigged but one corner protector has a dent. Apart from that it’s pristine. It’s a really great thing, light and compact and sounds really good. 
      full spec here
      https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gallien-Krueger-CX-210-8ohm-Bass-Cab/27SU?origin=product-ads&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItZbouZr27QIVF-DtCh063wQbEAQYASABEgLud_D_BwE
      Payment via PayPal gift or bank transfer. I’ll send you my eBay profile if you want to see my seller history. Happy to answer questions. 
      (Edited to add specs/features)
      Features
      400 watts at 8 ohms Compact design and light weight Proprietary ceramic drivers, designed and manufactured in the U.S.A 1/4'' and Speakon input Internal damping and tuned plywood cabinet for resonance and projection Internal bracing, individual chambers and tuned ports to prevent tone-robbing standing waves and sound leakage Rugged flip handles for easy loading Corner protection and vinyl covering High frequency horn with switchable attenuation Specifications
      Power Handling: 400 Watts Resistance: 8 Ohms Speakers: 2 x 10'' Ceramic Connections: Combi Connection 2 Pole Twist Lock Cable Input For Full Range Operation 1/4'' Jack Input Controls: 3 Position Tweeter Attenuator Dimensions: 36.8 x 58.4 x 48.3 cm Weight: 16.7kg

• By Gaucho 5
      Sold to DEEPBASS, very nice chap, will love it I'm certain! Tune Technology: these were originally built in a well-known factory in Japan and quite sought after. The company split and one group started manufacturing these elsewhere Korea or Indonesia not sure? These were not as highly revered due to the lower rent hardware used in this change-over period. This has a Japanese body and neck rescued from the factory with superior fittings most added by the original owner:  Mk2 Bart pickups, Glock 3 band Pre, Gotoh tuners, Schaller bridge, brass nut! 19 mm spacing, extremely slim neck,  24 frets, Flamed Maple top. Couple of small marks in the back of the body, but in excellent nick, neck is ultra-slim! Unfortunately I've not found the time to progress with 6 strings , as nine years after changing exclusively to 5'vers I'm still learning! Cash is King, but I could find room for a another Lakland or Jazzy , maybe PBass 5'ver? will trade up or down, Collection or nearby meet only.
      Gaucho

• By dyerseve
      My clearout due to moving country continues... with that in mind - no trades please.
      Up for sale is the newly re-fretted Aria SB-Elite II / SB-ELT / SB-RSZ
      Model history:
      so here is what I know of the history behind this model(thanks to @Fionn for this info!):
      when it was first released, they called it the SB-Elite II, but changed it to SB-ELT shortly after, so it wouldn’t be confused with a previous model named  SB-Elite II. Anyway, Rudy Sarzo was playing one, so when they got him to endorse it they renamed it the SB-RSZ. All. 3 different names in only 3 years of production. Meanwhile, in Japan, they called it the SB-800 the whole time, despite the fact that there was already a bolt-on single pickup model with that name....
      Bass History:
      Anyway, back to this particular bass - it was originally fretted but somewhere along the line became a fretless which is how I bought it back in 2018. I had it professionally refretted by a local luthier (Tony Wright of Lakestone Guitars) so it is now back in it's original form. Whilst it was being refretted I took the hardware and got it shot-blasted to get rid of the tarnish on the gold hardware - the hardware now has a nickel-like finish which looks much nicer IMO. It isnt perfect though - the gold finish was heavily tarnished and so the shot-blasting worked well but in a couple of small areas it went a bit further so there are some areas where that are slightly unsightly - I am being picky here as this is a 30+ year old bass but I want to be as honest as possible. The bass in general is in very good condition for its age but again there are a few little bumps and knocks commensurate with normal use - certainly not abuse! I have tried to capture all of these in the photos so please study them carefully - there is nothing of any real significance other than a slight crack near the jack - the bass is rock solid, everything works perfectly including the truss rod and electronics. All the pots and switches have been cleaned and work  perfectly.
      Did I mention this bass sounds epic? Not to mention versatile, despite being passive! It features VVT controls and two coil tap switches to give you plenty of tonal varieties to chose from. The natural tone of this bass is quite bright and clear with a hot output.
      The bass is all original and I believe the case is also original to the bass. There is a small screw missing from the control cavity cover but otherwise it is complete and fully functioning. The same luthier that refretted it has just given it a pro setup with new Warwick Red Label strings.
      The ergonomics are excellent - perfect access to all frets , comfortable playing standing or sitting thanks to the body shape and contours. This bass weighs exactly 4kg and the balance is as perfect as it gets. The neck has a jazz neck feel to it - ie thin and fast.
      I think that covers all of it - if you have any questions please let me know.
      Worldwide shipping available at cost - I have a box to pack the bass and case in to for added protection.
      Detailed photos here - please check these for the not so pretty bits!:
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/chfjsuMRjE1n4kJKA