Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky NYC Jazz

JohnnyLightyear

[quote name='JohnnyLightyear' post='406153' date='Feb 11 2009, 01:14 PM']Hi guys,

I picked up this beautiful bass in a trade for my Spector with Molan recently, and despite it being gorgeous in every way and serving me very well on a recent tour of Cape Town I think I'm more of a 5 string man so I'm going to have to reluctantly move this on.

I hope Barrie will forgive me, and won't mind me using his photos- the original thread can be seen [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24783&hl=sadowsky&st=0"]here[/url]

[attachment=20086:DSC07312.jpg]

[attachment=20087:DSC07302.jpg]

[attachment=20088:P1000554.JPG]

[attachment=20089:P1000558.JPG]

The bass is quality through and through and in excellent condition. Please note it is an NYC, not a metro, which means its been handmade in the Big Apple by the man himself, or at least someone who calls him by his first name. Its also very light and has a D tuner to boot. I don't have the original case but I can provide the gig bag in which it came to me in. Pick up preferred but shipping with a hardcase is a possibility.

I'm looking for £[s]1600[/s] £1550 outright as that was the value agreed in the trade deal in which it came to me. Alternatively, I'm looking to pick up a quality jazz 5. I have my eye on something at the moment, but please let me know if anyone would be interested in a trade or part exchange of some kind. I'm based in Stepney Green, e. London, viewing is always welcome or PM me if you want any more info.

Thanks,

Johnny[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Thunder Fingers' post='474255' date='Apr 28 2009, 03:13 PM']I want this one... Always wanted to try sadowsky.. and this one is BLUE! I love blue basses.. Its like, perfect.. I also need a J to match my P...[/quote]

Cool, I'm out of town at the moment, but about to head back. Drop me a PM and I'll be able to reply by tomorrow, if not by this evening. Cheers!

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='480031' date='May 5 2009, 04:11 PM']Oooh! Do we have a winner? Who's the lucky one?[/quote]

It would indeed seem that way, pending the usual formalities... Claudio, (apothem) as the first man to throw the required notes my way wins a splendid example of a sadowsky NYC! :)

[quote name='JohnnyLightyear' post='480098' date='May 5 2009, 05:07 PM']It would indeed seem that way, pending the usual formalities... Claudio, (apothem) as the first man to throw the required notes my way wins a splendid example of a sadowsky NYC! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Well, indeed!! I have put up for sale both my Moon and my LEJ-LowEnd Jazz (now both eBayed) to fund this... So here I am :)

Claudio

Edited by Apothem

[quote name='Apothem' post='480119' date='May 5 2009, 05:18 PM']Well, indeed!! I have put up for sale both my Moon and my LEJ-LowEnd Jazz (now both eBayed) to fund this...

In October I visited Roger Sadowsky's workshop in NYC and tried some brand new basses. A guy was there for a setup and let me try his NYC from the '90s. PHWOAR.... what a difference (to me)!! The old one had a slimmer neck, narrower string spacing thanks to the Shaller bridge (now standard on 4 stringers is 20mm) and a much better tone. I have then discovered Roger uses new suppliers now for woods, electronics and hardware. Do not get me wrong, still top quality stuff, but the older one was better in any sense. So here I am :)

Claudio[/quote]

It is indeed a very cool bass. I am great friends with the original seller of this particular bass (the guy who actually imported 2 Sadowsky's (e.g. this and another one) from the US). He is very much a 5 and 6 string player so this Sadowsky just sat for many years unplayed. I remember the night I polished it up... (it was a little dusty!) and that blue just shone like a Caribbean sea!

Enjoy it! It's a good one... very funky...

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='480131' date='May 5 2009, 05:27 PM']It is indeed a very cool bass. I am great friends with the original seller of this particular bass (the guy who actually imported 2 Sadowsky's (e.g. this and another one) from the US). He is very much a 5 and 6 string player so this Sadowsky just sat for many years unplayed. I remember the night I polished it up... (it was a little dusty!) and that blue just shone like a Caribbean sea!

Enjoy it! It's a good one... very funky...[/quote]

Cheers mate, I definitely will!!

Claudio