Why become a member? ×

WANTED: Opinion Needed!

Rammsteinbrit

In it's raw form a Boss CS-3 is good but too noisy, however a modded one, such as Monte Allums Opto Plus Mod - [url="http://www.monteallums.com/pedal_mods.html#cs3opto"]http://www.monteallums.com/pedal_mods.html#cs3opto[/url] would be quite sweet for compression and sustain.

I had already thought about getting the Boss CS-3, Heard some awesomee stuff about it...

..HOWEVER never heard about it being too noisy....in what sence is it too noisy?

Love the idea of the Mod, however, if i was to do it, id totally f..Muck it up and probably turn it into a TOASTER!!!

Has anyone got any opinions on the Boss CS-3?

Cheers,

Darbs.

i'd agree with the comments about the stock cs-3...it's noisy and not very bass friendly.

i had mine modded by pedalmods (upgraded op-amps and caps, and tweaked to be more bass friendly) and it's a totally different pedal now...much better by a long way.

it [i]may[/i] be up for sale too....

Best compressor/sustain pedal I've used is the Keeley 4 knob compressor pedal, it's pricey but worth it...they will also be a little scarce for a while as the Keeley factory in the US burnt down a few weeks ago....one of these has been on my pedal board for a while now....

I agree that the EBS is the best pure compressor, being designed for bass and really easy to use it's easy to get great results. I do know where there is one available, drop me a PM if you're interested.

MG

[quote name='Rammsteinbrit' post='406303' date='Feb 11 2009, 02:04 PM']OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH AHPOOK...

Well....how much would MAY you be looking for?

Darbs.[/quote]

well, i think the modding cost something like £30, so maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe....um....£60 posted ?

pm me.

Edited by ahpook

The modded Cs-3 is a great comp for bass duties. I pinched my guitard's monte modded version the other week. It sounds really nice. In my opinion I'd say it's very different from the EBS as the EBS is more transparent and with a lot lot less sustain. Both nice comps, but I prefer the cs-3 for my application. I use it to sustain my clean bass sounds.