bouvier

1976 Sunburst Fender Precision Bass - Original - Reduced
£1800
Teesside

Posted (edited)

Up for Trade/Sale my 1975 Fender Precision.   The guitar is all original bar a recent refret.   A very good playing bass.  I won't bore you with flowery descriptions you all know what you are looking at.

Pros:

• 1975 Fender P Bass
  • Original throughout - Pick Ups, Pots, Bridge, Tuners
  • Just been restrung with Roto Sound Flat Wounds
  • Recent Refret
  • Original Case

Cons

• Obvious wear to body
  • Small gouge/dent to rear of neck - doesn't effect the playing
  • Refret - Makes the bass less than 100% original
  • Case is heavily worn and marked though all the locks work as they should (no keys)

More pictures available - Any queries drop me a line.

Ideally would like to trade for a Fender Pro Junior Amp or 57 Tweed Champ - with cash adjustment either way.

Effects Pedals (I'm a sucka for them - Strymon - Analogman - D*A*M - Earthquaker Devices - W H Y

4 String Bass - W H Y

EDIT - EDIT - EDIT

*** Following stripping the bass for requested additional pictures the pots date the bass to 1976 not 1975 as originally stated.   The neck feels very similar in profile to a Jazz.****  

• 43mm at the Nut
  • Bass weighs a trim 9lbs on the trusty bathroom scales

EDIT - EDIT - EDIT

** Reduced £1725 **

image.png.f8dde99565090a63b24f06a689d2bc34.pnga7.thumb.jpg.bd3a692ec2ad5f3d96935d51e5e922e2.jpg 

a8.jpg

b.jpg

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

b7.jpg

b8.jpg

b9.jpg

c.jpg

c1.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

a5.jpg

a.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a6.jpg

image.png

Edited by bouvier
Duplicated Pictures + Additional Information + Price Reduction
  • Like 7

Usual boring question,,😊what type of neck it is,the width too?body which Wood?weight)and all pictures on neck stamp,electonic , rooting ,pots ,pick up ,pick guard on the reverse side ,thanks again 😊

I will update the post in the morning with some more pictures and info

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hooky_lowdown
      1996 Yamaha RBX360 in dark natural finish. Solid alder body, rosewood and maple neck. In good overall condition, small dings and scratches commensurate with age. Usual excellent Yamaha build quality. Everything is fully working. Has a brand new set of Fender vintage (pure nickel) strings.
      £110 + £20 postage to UK Mainland only.

• By big rob
      Amazing bass that really does feel like a vintage bass.
      The flea bass comes with stacked pots which in my opinion are much better than the VVT controls fitted to most fender jazz basses.
      Comes with  fender gig bag.
      Social distancing collection possible, postage as buyers cost.
      Specification:
      Body
      Model Name: Flea Jazz Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, Roadworn Shell Pink Model Code: 0141020356 Series: Artist Body Material: Alder Body Finish: Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer Colour:Shell Pink Neck and Fingerboard
      Neck Material: Maple Neck Profile: "C" Shape Neck Finish:Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer Fingerboard Material: Rosewood Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm) No. of Frets: 20 Fret Size: Vintage Style Inlays: Aged White Dots Scale Length: 34" (864 mm) Hardware and Electronics
      Nut Material: Synthetic Bone Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm) Tuning Machines: Fender® Vintage-Style Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage ’64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage ’64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass Switching: None Controls: Stacked Concentric Controls Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup) Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome/Black Concentric Hardware Colour: Nickel/Chrome

• By Captain Bassman
      Hi all,
      For sale only (no trades), my beautiful 1966 Fender Precision in fantastic condition, all original (as far as I am aware) with original finish and original Fender hard case (including Fender catalogue).
      This is a player’s bass, not a case queen, but has been extremely well cared for by previous owners as well as by me.
       It has light signs of wear and some dings as you’d expect a 54 year old to have. I’ve gigged the bass extensively in the time I’ve owned it and always kept/transported it in a Hiscox LiteFlite case, not the OHSC.
      Apart from some minor body chips and scratches there are a couple of small dents in the neck behind frets 1-3 but these aren’t noticeable under the hand. There’s also some lovely light checking to the lacquer on the headstock and rear of the body. I’ve tried to capture these as best I can with my phone camera.
      Pups, pots, wiring and solder joints all look all original. The pups are still bonded to the black foam and backing plate. No dating is evident and I didn’t want to risk separating them to try and find out.
      Pots are stamped 6618 which I believe is week 18 of 1966 (kindly correct me if I’m wrong).
      The date stamp on the neck is partially faded and obscured by red ink but this is how it was when I bought it. To my eyes it reads 5 MAY 66 C. The neck is classic P chunky, solid and straight with a fully functioning truss rod and reverse tuners on the headstock.
      Beautiful striping on the rosewood fingerboard and there’s plenty of life left in the slim frets. The bass is currently strung with LaBella flats.
      Comfortably light, on the digital bathroom scales it comes in at 8.6 lbs / 3.9 kg.
      The case has a few dings and a couple of smallish rips but inside is clean and plush and all catches and hinges function (I don’t have the keys though). It came to me with a 1967-68 Fender catalogue inside which is in lovely condition and a really nice piece of history.
      This is a beautiful example of a mid-60’s P bass with a classic full burpy sound that sits so well in the band mix.
      Now... I know there are some real vintage aficionados and experts on the forum so in the spirit of openness and honesty I want to mention 3 things;
      Control knobs. These are more than likely the originals but still look brand new. I have no way of knowing as these were the knobs it came to me with but I am just saying as someone pointed it out to me.
      Ashtrays. Both are in really good clean condition and I believe are the originals. They show light scratching close up which doesn’t come out in the photos. Inside the bridge cover there is no evidence left of any foam mutes but there is some surface roughness in that area.
      E string tuner. Fully operational and stable but a bit stiffer than the other 3. I’ve had it apart and lubricated it, can’t see anything wrong, so it’s a bit better but wanted to point this out to potential buyers. 
      I’m offering this bass for sale only (no trades thank you) at a competitive price based on what I’ve seen similar condition basses advertised by reputable dealers.
      I’m happy to ship within UK only at the buyer’s expense or arrange personal socially-distanced collection within a reasonable radius (location KT18).
      No EU/overseas transactions due to CITES restrictions still in force around Brazilian rosewood.
      (More photos are available if needed).
      Many thanks for any interest!
      David